Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Sandals Grande St Lucian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandals Grande St Lucian

The future wife and I are headed to St Lucia for our honeymoon in May and will be staying at the Sandals Grande St Lucian. Looking to play golf and fish for sure.

Anyone that's been or know anything about the area have any suggestions on who to use to fish? Or any suggestions on anything else we should do while we are there?

Thanks in advance!

I went, we snorkeled and did a little tour around town, that stopped by a water fall and mud bath. We golfed at the other sandals resort down the road. You gonna love eating a drinking so much its hard to leave the resort. The food is great.

Comment

They have a trail by the resort, you can hike up that has nice views. I liked having all the sushi i could eat and the jerk chicken was a nice change.
      Last edited by j.trevor123; 03-30-2022, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
        They have a trail by the resort, you can hike up that has nice views.
        Shoot ya thanks for the info!

Comment

I went there on my honeymoon. Fishing was kind of a joke to be honest. Everything else was cool. We did the speed boat tour or something like J.trevor said where they take you to do the mud bath and all that. It was a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            I went there on my honeymoon. Fishing was kind of a joke to be honest. Everything else was cool. We did the speed boat tour or something like J.trevor said where they take you to do the mud bath and all that. It was a blast!
            Yeah I'd like to fish but if its not worth it then maybe not. May look into getting a private boat or something like that

Comment

First, congrats!

I got nothing other than soak it all in and take lots of photos. Our 5th anniversary was last week, and we spent our night looking at photos of honeymoon. Mind you, all the photos my wife made me take, I hated it (I hate taking photos, let me tell you).

Well we spent the better part of our anniversary looking at those photos and talking about each of them. It was awesome. We didn't appreciate the trip at the time near as much as I we appreciate it now.

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                First, congrats!

I got nothing other than soak it all in and take lots of photos. Our 5th anniversary was last week, and we spent our night looking at photos of honeymoon. Mind you, all the photos my wife made me take, I hated it (I hate taking photos, let me tell you).

Well we spent the better part of our anniversary looking at those photos and talking about each of them. It was awesome. We didn't appreciate the trip at the time near as much as I we appreciate it now.

Enjoy your trip!
                Great advice! Sure do appreciate it!

Comment

Me and the wife went on our honey moon September of 2020. Bad *** place! Take the boat tour to view the Piton Mountain. Its beautiful, we snorkeled and it was a blast. Do not do the scuba diving class they offer as it is a joke. You see the same area you snorkel and its an old car and junk they planted below.

Comment

I have a quick question. Does your future wife also like to golf and fish? If so, have at it and enjoy making the memories together. If not, I'd shelve the idea and spend the time with her. You only get one (hopefully) honeymoon. You have the rest of your life to golf and fish.

Comment

Originally posted by chadt1234 View Post
                      I have a quick question. Does your future wife also like to golf and fish? If so, have at it and enjoy making the memories together. If not, I'd shelve the idea and spend the time with her. You only get one (hopefully) honeymoon. You have the rest of your life to golf and fish.
                      She was actually the first one to suggest playing golf and booking a fishing trip.

Comment

Been to a couple Sandles resorts, but not the ones in St. Lucia. I've heard the bus ride from the airport is rather intense; i.e. windy, mountaous type of roads, etc; so have the wife mentally prepared for that.

As for Sandals in general, if you didn't get a butler suite, then be sure to try and make dinner reservations for later in the week on the day you arrive. The nicer restaruants fill up fast and reservations are limited. Also, the butlers will hit the beach early and reserve the nicer beach chairs for the people staying in the butler suites so it can be worth going down early and trying to secure a nice spot.

Overall, our experiences with Sandals has been top notch.

I also agree with the comment on pictures. Also Sandals does have photographers running around, so let them take pictures of you. These pictures are expensive, but at the end of the stay, you can choose which ones you want to purchase (if any).

Comment

We did our Honeymoon there as well. Must see the volcano/mud bath, and the pitons. Snorkeling was good, water is crystal clear but not like Mexico more of a dark tint. The Resort is awesome, great food and service (Piton beer is the local brew and my favorite). We absolutely loved our time there and will go back for sure. Have fun, and congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tauzin22 View Post
                            She was actually the first one to suggest playing golf and booking a fishing trip.
                            I went fishing while my wife got a message. It was cool, but we didn't catch anything. If I were you, I'd maybe look into a smaller boat for a more personal experience. Its pretty cool watching the locals though. They ride around in little bitty boats with a spear. They will dive in along the rocks and stay down for a while before coming back up. NO WAY I'd do it in that big of water!

Comment

Originally posted by Exit110 View Post
                              We did our Honeymoon there as well. Must see the volcano/mud bath, and the pitons. Snorkeling was good, water is crystal clear but not like Mexico more of a dark tint. The Resort is awesome, great food and service (Piton beer is the local brew and my favorite). We absolutely loved our time there and will go back for sure. Have fun, and congrats!!
                              Man I sure do appreciate all the info! We did get a Butlers suite right on the beach so we are looking forward to that for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X