A Quick Prayer Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Father, receive this spirit into your eternal rest. Give her family the peace of knowing Ms. Patsy is rejoicing in Heaven with You. Lord, a special measure of strength and compassion for our brother Curt as he leads Jennie and the rest of the family through the sadness of this earthly loss.
    We rejoice in this Homecoming for Ms. Patsy. In the name of Jesus we thank You for being our Creator God Amen.
    And Amen!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers my friend!

Comment

Continued prayers for yall Curt🙏

Comment

What a blessing she was to you Curt.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for you and our family.

Comment

Sorry to hear of her passing Curt ... Tell Jennie we are thinking of you both today as you mourn the loss of MawMaw.....God bless you both.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Update:

Patsy Sue Smith, Born February 8, 1951 in Conroe, TX, went on to meet her Lord today, July 5, 2022 at 3:50pm. She was loved and will be missed by many.

I had a special relationship with my mother-in-law, because she always loved me. Well, almost always.....On our first date, Jennie showed back up at home at 3am, her momma met her at the front door madder than a hornet and wanting to know who she was with. Lucky for her she went to school with my Mom and Dad and knew I came from good people. Well, I patched that up and soon Jen and I fell in love and before long we had wedding plans. The day of the wedding, I had to stop by her house to pick something up for my soon-to-be-bride. Her momma came out on the front porch to hand it off, just as I climbed out of my 4x4 pickup and dispelled all of the previous night's bad decisions into her flower bed. "Curt Joslin, I do not have time for this S*** today", was her reply to my obvious distress. But then I gave her grandchildren and loved her daughter and all those things. Somewhere along the way, I became "her person". When we moved her in with us, I built her her own 2br apartment behind our house. I'd have coffee with her several times a week. I'd take her for drives around town on the weekend and listen to her tell me stories about the old days of Porter/New Caney. I was the person she counted on. My wife and sister and law were the ones really caring for her, but she'd ask them, "Have you checked with Curt?". Boy did that tick them off. When we moved on to 24 care she was not above telling her caregivers that if they upset her, then "Curt will fire you before you know what happened". She was right, as I always had her back. It'll be a little different around here, but I'm thankful for what she gave me and allowed me to give her.

Well, rest peacefully, MawMaw. You were a great Mother-in-law and I was lucky to have had you for so many years.
                That’s a great memory Curt. I’m sure that you gave her many reasons to brag around town about her son in law. Continuing to pray for the Joslin family.

Comment

Continued prayers for the family Curt

Comment

Prayers up for y'all....and hugs to Jen.

Comment

Continued prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sorry for your family's loss, Curt. Prayers sent for the Lord's comfort for your wife and you and the rest of the family.

Comment

Sorry, prayers sent for all.

Comment

So sorry for your family's loss Curt. Prayers sent for peace and comfort.

Comment

So sorry for y'all's loss. We'll be praying for your family Curt.

Comment

prayers, hugs, and support sent for you and the girls. I can very much relate as I'm going through a similar situation with my MIL. Dementia and Alzheimer's SUCK, my 78 yr old MIL doesn't even recognize her 2 daughters. I still go visit her at the assisted living center weekly to bring her Lays potato chips and Coke , her favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X