Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm too close to retirement, but I need to find another line of work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hat is off to you for taking it so long.
    Thanks for what you do.

My wife works for the Zephyr school district. 210 kids in the entire district Out here kids/ parents can choose which school they want to attend in the county. Lots of parents from other towns want to send their kids to Zephyr because of its strict reputation
    “0” discipline problems. In school detention or paddling deters them in elementary and they learn early who is in charge.

Good luck.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
      My hat is off to you for taking it so long.
      Thanks for what you do.

My wife works for the Zephyr school district. 210 kids in the entire district Out here kids/ parents can choose which school they want to attend in the county. Lots of parents from other towns want to send their kids to Zephyr because of its strict reputation
      “0” discipline problems. In school detention or paddling deters them in elementary and they learn early who is in charge.

Good luck.

BP
      And there is the problem for most schools... no consequences. A lot of the parents need consequences, too. I like Saturday detention where a parent MUST be present. Then everyone gets to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
        Gonna be a sad sight when all those who are employable elsewhere leave.

My brother had a roommate who's life's dream was to be a teacher.
        After getting her degree and being hired by Galveston ISD she came home crying after day one saying how terrible it was and trying to figure out what other employment she could obtain quickly as what she experienced wasn't what she expected at all.
        GISD has Been that way since I was in school and that was a long time ago! They were doing this crap wayyyy before it “ became the thing to do”! Bless her heart

Comment

My wife is retiring in May from WISD. It is definitely a sh** show.

Comment

My step daughter substituted last year and a male student called her every name in the book. The principal talked to the kid in the hallway and sent him back into class. No punishment at all! If she would have done that she would have been fired. Sad days we are in :-(

Comment

What people are starting to realize is that schools have no money to fight these lawsuits. As a parent it is easy to file what in school terms is due process (lawsuit) and costs zero dollars but it costs the district around $120,000 per which they have no money for. Districts are settling to try to save money.

Comment

my wife has been grade school teacher continually bumping down grades to try dodge the crap, but she's 5 years from retirement and at pre-K cant go any lower.
                Many of the above comments have nailed the problem sources -
                parents, scared school districts, and what's eye opening is the number of kids out severe abuse situations that simply have no clue what's right/wrong no fault of their own.
                Some of the parents need a whip lashing, and some need prison.
                Recently they had a minority teacher threaten of a lawsuit because of her woke turtle brain, and the administration comes down on the good teachers to walk tiptoes around her, she does anything she wants.
                My kids are out, but if we were were just starting, we'd be looking at private or home schooling for sure.
                Last edited by txhunt7; 04-03-2022, 12:24 PM. Reason: msp's

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                  bout had all i can take of disrespectful little punks thinking they can do/say anything they want without repercussions in school...bout ready to pull a Will Smith and slap the taste out of a couple of em!ha

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the strength not to choke the living **** out of some of these kids that so desperately deserve it
                  Amen brother!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                    Recently they had a minority teacher threaten of a lawsuit because of her woke turtle brain, and the administration comes down on the good teachers to walk tiptoes around her, she does anything she wants.
                    We had a lady threaten to sue because her kids elementary teacher graded in red ink!! She said that was too "harsh"...lmao
                    Where do these people come from??? Time to quit putting warning labels on everything and let them weed themselves out

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Teachers and administrators are soft these days due to not wanting to get sued by a parent that thinks their kids is perfect. If you get on to them they run to their parents and tell them they are have mental issues now because school is so stressful and they are mistreated. I went to a baseball game the day and the home team fans came to our side and started acting stupid, so a administrator came over and asked them to go back to their side and watch the game. They argued with her and the school cops for a good 10 minutes before they finally moved. I told the cop you guys are nice as they did not raise their voice and make them move right away. There was one kid that even got in the cops face and was screaming at him that he was not moving. This whole time they where In front of our parents and they could not see the game very disrespectful students. Things have definitely changed back in the day it would have been a different story and a head slap to go along with it LOL!

Comment

My wife teaches 3 grade. It is insane what she has to deal with. She’s about ready to give it up as well. We are youngish. Mid 40’s but life is too short to deal with all teachers have to deal with. I tell her she just needs to quit all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X