Ringtails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
    Just leave your blind door open. You'll have them. Ask me how I know.
    When I bought my pace I had old blinds on the property. They all had ringtails in them.
    I have some now that poop on my back porch.
    They aren't see very often, but they are neat animals.
    Ha! Only one I've ever seen scared the crud out of me when he jumped out of my deer stand early one morning as I opened the door!

Comment

I had problems at my last house with them eating fruit off my fruit trees, a lot of fruit. I caught and hauled off 4 in one week.

Comment

One of the guys saw one at the cabin in Mason a couple of seasons ago. Used to see them all the time hunting between Barksdale and Rocksprings in the 80's.
        '

Comment

Originally posted by SeaSpray View Post

I just got this one on camera a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Very cool pic SeaSpray, would like to see one of these critters.

Comment

Caught one once in a Hav A Heart trap out near Rocksprings. Pretty cool little animals.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
              Another Pic
              That looks more like a grey fox ?

Comment

There were lots of them when I hunted around Brady in the 70's. Only seen one on my bil's ranch in western Mills County in 11 years.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Never seen one on a game cam pic. Are they that bashful or not many left in Texas? Not sure if they are a meat eater. Opinions wanted.
                  Spot light the trees after dark with the Grand Kids.
                  Please call the Game Warden the day before. They hate getting up at midnight to come find you driving around with the little ones...

Comment

riding with my dad coming home from pig hunting a couple months ago, seen the first one weve ever seen here in OK!

Comment

I remember catching one 20 minutes northwest of Ozona probably 15 years ago.

Comment

They definitely like deer blinds.Click image for larger version

Name:	20211023_133427.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	24681316

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by jt400; 03-29-2022, 06:47 AM.

Comment

My boss had a picture of one on his back deck from his security camera. His back yard is Buffalo Bayou in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
                            My boss had a picture of one on his back deck from his security camera. His back yard is Buffalo Bayou in Houston.
                            Remember my dad and his friends shooting one off of a wooded lot on Canino Rd in Houston in the 80's.

Comment

Ringtails

I have one that’s pretty consistent at one of my feedpens. It shows up in the middle of the night to get water at the trough. Most pics are a blur of its running off but occasionally I get a decent one.

Comment

We’ve shot a number of them as kids in the 2000’s.

Now we pass on them when spotlighting, but have a clan of about a dozen that lives in our north oak Mott.

They don’t like the direct spotlight, but with a red lens they will sit still and watch you. Anyone of y’all are welcome to come look or photograph them, we are in meyersville.

I’ve kinda grown fond of them and would Only let a kid shoot one if they really wanted. Off limits to you old codgers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X