Anyone running a 4” lift on a Tundra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a 4” lift on a Tundra?

About to need new tires, shocks and ball joints. Thinking about putting a small lift on it at same time. If you have a 4” lift what size tires are you running? I plan on keeping factory wheels. Can I get some pics? I have the TRD sport sway bars in front and rear. In case that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With a 4" lift (or a +2" on the TRD Pros) you're supposed to be able to run a 35" tire.

Comment

3" lift with 35's

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tundra.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	24681266

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tundra1.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	24681267

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
        3" lift with 35's

[ATTACH]1084989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1084990[/ATTACH]

12.5”? Any trimming?

Comment

I’ve been wanting the fabtech 4”. Currently have readylift 3” and have 285/65/20 tires which converts to 34.6 h 11.2 w. I had rubbing and had to trim front bumper, remove front mud flaps and heat up and re shape wheel well plastic a little.

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
            I’ve been wanting the fabtech 4”. Currently have readylift 3” and have 285/65/20 tires which converts to 34.6 h 11.2 w. I had rubbing and had to trim front bumper, remove front mud flaps and heat up and re shape wheel well plastic a little.

I’m looking at the ready lift 4”. How did you like the 3”? Why go fab tech over ready lift?

Comment

I have a 4.5” lift, and still had to do trimming for 35x12.50.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I have a 4.5” lift, and still had to do trimming for 35x12.50.

Factory wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Factory wheels?

No

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post

I blame you. All your fault. Looked up the fabtech…….bought the kit with the 2.25 dirt logic shocks and coil overs. Install going on wed.

Comment

I also had to get an +25 offset set of wheels too. Readylift lift actually seemed more like the Highway more looks instead of off road use type of lift in the reading I did. All I did was the spacers 3” due to cost and getting hurt at work and losing a lot of money while I recovered and wife ruined 2 tires with mesquite thorns before I saved the money for everything at once. I saw a fabtech dealer at a buccees once and he let me look around. The materials seem to be overbuilt and their shocks looked better built.

All that to say this, I’m not a lift expert or know a lot about this, I just compared them a lot. Last place was rough country and I didn’t want to cut and weld cross member, fabtech met that.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        I blame you. All your fault. Looked up the fabtech…….bought the kit with the 2.25 dirt logic shocks and coil overs. Install going on wed.

TAKE PICS!!!!!!!! Told my wife by end of year I’m changing mine!

Comment

How bad did the 35s hurt the already hungry fuel mileage?

Comment

Factory wheels are +60 or +50 for the tss wheels. Running +25-35 will give you the best leeway for bigger tires. I’m running a +18 with 2” lift and 285/60/20 is as big as I can go with the splash guards removed. With factory wheels you’ll probably be limited to something like a 275/65/20.

Comment

The day I bought it went to port aransas from Austin at 65-70mph whole way. Got 19.5 calculated and not on computer, which showed 19.3. Now same trip same route and speeds I get 16ish. Average is 13.5ish. When pulling boat i get 11.7. My Silverado with smaller tires but leveled got 17 on that port aransas trip and averaged 15.

Comment

Working...
                              X