Sunday dinner......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday dinner......

Fired up the grill yesterday. Frog legs, baked beans and pasta salad. Pretty good eating.
    Attached Files

Man, I haven't had a good mess of frogs legs in a LONG time. I need to remedy that soon. Looks great.

Comment

Mmmm love some frog legs. Did you buy these or harvest them yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought fried was the only way. Gotta try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Mag View Post
          Mmmm love some frog legs. Did you buy these or harvest them yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Bought them believe it or not, at Walmart in the frozen seafood section.
          Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I thought fried was the only way. Gotta try that.
          I just put some lemon pepper seasoning on them. Came out pretty tasty.

Comment

Golden Seafood on s75th by Griggs rd in Houston has them...

Comment

Looks dang good, Grilled is my favorite then fried.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                Golden Seafood on s75th by Griggs rd in Houston has them...
                There's places to get em up here around DFW, I just saw them at the store and grabbed some just for the heck of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  There's places to get em up here around DFW, I just saw them at the store and grabbed some just for the heck of it.
                  Another Covid change is I go to the grocery store weekly. Wonder how that came about? I will check where I shop...

Comment

I'm sure they are good grilled, but I have only had them fried. Randy, after grilling them, which way would you prefer...grilled or fried?

For you guys local to me, The New Pier in White Oak has excellent fried frog legs, along with excellent catfish...I prefer the whole catfish rather than the filets, but everything there is good....even their hamburgers!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      I'm sure they are good grilled, but I have only had them fried. Randy, after grilling them, which way would you prefer...grilled or fried?

For you guys local to me, The New Pier in White Oak has excellent fried frog legs, along with excellent catfish...I prefer the whole catfish rather than the filets, but everything there is good....even their hamburgers!
                      Going to give this place a try! I love some from legs.

Comment

I actually think I like them grilled better. Durn fine eating.

Comment

When grilled they fall off the bone. Getting them for lunch today...
                          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 03-28-2022, 11:23 AM.

Comment

My nephew just caught 40 the other night. They are everywhere in Vinton, Louisiana. Only problem is, he froze them all together.

Comment

Just in case y'all are interested, this is the packaging at Wally World.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20220325_105933(1).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	24681280

Comment

Working...
                              X