Pond fly fishing for bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pond fly fishing for bass

Took my fly rod out this weekend tossed both wet and dry flies this weekend and landed a handful of bream and 1 bass. It was fun, but due to trees around the pond my space is limited, easy to hang a fly up in a tree on the back cast.

What are your favorite flies for bass?

A black wooly booger will catch just about anything in a stock tank. I like to catch them on hoppers once they start eating on top.

Comment

Foam Beetle

Comment

I’ve got done deer hair hoppers I tied last year that are great too

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
            A black wooly booger will catch just about anything in a stock tank. I like to catch them on hoppers once they start eating on top.

Comment

Frog is my favorite. If you can get in a boat to get away from the bank, it helps.

Comment

Hair bugs (big frog) are great in ponds banging the bank in the morning

Comment

Wooly Buggers (brown, green & sparkly), foam ants, white poppers, & grass hoppers are my favorite.

Comment

Although you can’t get as much distance, you can use roll casts when your back cast is obstructed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Frog is my favorite. If you can get in a boat to get away from the bank, it helps.

That is a great looking frog. And yes, I have access to a little 8’ boat, I was just too lazy to get it out this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        That is a great looking frog. And yes, I have access to a little 8’ boat, I was just too lazy to get it out this weekend
                        It beats digging your fly out of the brush every other back cast.

Comment

It beats digging your fly out of the brush every other back cast.
                          Yeah, but the baistcaster was already rigged

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Yeah, but the baistcaster was already rigged
                            That works. No hang ups on the back cast. Just bird's nests.

Comment

That works. No hang ups on the back cast. Just bird's nests.
                              You must spy on me when I fish! 😂

Comment

Working...
                              X