Official 2022 Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    Didn’t he bat .220 during the season? If so hail no!

No one looks at BA any longer. His OPS was .817 which was well above league avg last year. His OPS+ was 131 so he was 31% better than league avg. Being a lefty he would balance out the heavy right handed lineup they have. It will all come down to dollars. The Astros will not overpay for anyone, especially a free agent.

If he wants to chase dollars he will not be an Astro.

Offensive number were down significantly across the board last year. Batting avg was like .243 for the league iirc. The lowest it has been in decades. Good ol Manfred toying with the ball again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      No one looks at BA any longer. His OPS was .817 which was well above league avg last year. His OPS+ was 131 so he was 31% better than league avg. Being a lefty he would balance out the heavy right handed lineup they have. It will all come down to dollars. The Astros will not overpay for anyone, especially a free agent.

If he wants to chase dollars he will not be an Astro.

Offensive number were down significantly across the board last year. Batting avg was like .243 for the league iirc. The lowest it has been in decades. Good ol Manfred toying with the ball again.

Thanks for not making me come up with all that info. Good job!

Comment

Rizzo is also a very, very good defender at first base.

Comment

Just saw where Rizzo is resigning with Yanks per Ken Rosenthal

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            Just saw where Rizzo is resigning with Yanks per Ken Rosenthal

Boo

Oh well he can watch from his couch after the Astros dispatch the yanks again next year. Just like Cole Springer and Correa. The money is **** good though.

These guys all say they want to win but in the end they always go to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              Stros are targeting Rizzo for first base evidently. I like it

Did they lose Yuli?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Did they lose Yuli?

No he was just on a 1 year deal. I think he will be brought back in a similar deal but as a back up and bench guy as long as they can find someone with some pop. Jose Abreu May be their next target

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  No he was just on a 1 year deal. I think he will be brought back in a similar deal but as a back up and bench guy as long as they can find someone with some pop. Jose Abreu May be their next target

Abreau gets my vote over Josh Bell. But either will be an upgrade.

Comment

Looks like we will Have Cha-Rizzo on first.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      Abreau gets my vote over Josh Bell. But either will be an upgrade.

werd!

Comment

I heard JV wants a three year, $130m deal on the radio this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          He ain’t getting that from the Stros.

Comment

LOL! Bye Bye!

Comment

Hello Hunter Brown......

Comment

Crane said he is hoping JV will take into account the state tax difference. I cant believe Crane would even be interested at that discount price. I sure wouldnt be.

Crane also said his search for a new GM would last into 2023. Possibly as late as March. He said he was rushed last time because of the circumstances and wasnt going to be rushed again.

Comment

Working...
                                X