Deal alert on Threaded 10/22 Shaw bull barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal alert on Threaded 10/22 Shaw bull barrels

I bought one of these last year for my 10/22. It dropped right in and it is a tack driver. At $115 it is a steal. .920 dia barrel.

I have an older 10/22 with a regular barrel. this one looks to be a bull barrel.

Do you have the same set up? & it dropped right in ? If that is the case, I am game for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
      I have an older 10/22 with a regular barrel. this one looks to be a bull barrel.

Do you have the same set up? & it dropped right in ? If that is the case, I am game for one.
      You will need a new stock that will take the bull barrel
      Unless you want to spend about 2 hours sanding the barrel groove down to make it fit. Will loose the barrel band. Just easier to buy a new stock. Hogue makes a good one.
      Last edited by FireNguns; 03-24-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

kinda what I was thinking. Guess I can look for a bull barrel stock.

Comment

I bought one of these but IIRC be prepared for the shipping cost. What they discounted they make up with the shipping.

Comment

I went this same route and it shot great but it was very barrel heavy so I sold it and bought a lightweight kid barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
              You will need a new stock that will take the bull barrel
              Unless you want to spend about 2 hours sanding the barrel groove down to make it fit. Will loose the barrel band. Just easier to buy a new stock. Hogue makes a good one.
              Yes, FireNguns is correct. The barrel is .920 and larger than the factor profile bbl. The Hogue upgrade is worth it. For less than $200 you can change the whole feel and accuracy of your old 10/22. PLUS put a can or muzzle device on the end. This is mine.
              A few stock options.
              DetailsThe Hogue Ruger 10-22 Rubber OverMolded Stock with Standard Barrel Channel in Black is a great way to make your Ruger 10-22 an even lighter, more durable rifle for backpacking, plinking, or small game hunting. Hogue, long known for their quality stocks and grips for firearms, is giving their classic treatment to this similarly classic .22 rifle. The Stock comes in at a lightweight 2.38 pounds and is made from a durable black rubber that will last for years even in field conditions. Rubber can be a bit slippery though, so Hogue has taken the time to add texture to both the fore end as well as the grip section of the stock. Additionally, there is a hard-plastic heel to the stock, making it easier and more secure to shoulder. Sling swivel attachment points are included, making this stock totally good to go from the factory. One note, this one is meant to work with standard 10-22 actions and barrels, so may not fit models with special, heavy barrels or the like. It attaches with the hardware already on your firearm, so should find most standard configurations of the 10-22.Generally speaking, though, this can be easily installed on most Ruger 10-22s and will give your rifle a new, modern look while sitting it in an attractive and stable stock that will keep you happily plinking away for years to come. The Hogue Ruger 10-22 Rubber OverMolded Stock with Standard Barrel Channel in Black is an excellent option for a stock.Features: Black Fits Ruger 10-22 Rubber ConstructionEasy Installation Hogue, Inc. offers a full range of products designed to enhance your sporting experience. Built in the spirit of fine craftsmanship, and attention to detail, Hogue products feature superior performance, fit, and function.See More

Attached Files

Comment

That should work with a Magpul hunter stock yeah?

Are they picky with ammo?
                Chambering
                *Bentz Chamber
                *The Bentz chamber is a match-type chamber for semi-autos. It is not as tight as a true, minimum-spec match chamber, but is much tighter than a sporter chamber. You will see much better accuracy with standard ammunition (in the 1000-1400 FPS range). Because of these tighter dimensions, however, we do not recommend the use of CCI® Stinger® or similar long-case, hyper-velocity ammunition.

Comment

What do those barrels normally sell for?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    That should work with a Magpul hunter stock yeah?

Are they picky with ammo?
                    Yes it will. I have a JJ Federson barrel of the same diameter on my 10/22 with the Magpul hunter stock. Really like the stock as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      What do those barrels normally sell for?
                      Normally $135.

Comment

I have a 10/22 I bought in the mid 80’s that needs some sprucing up. I’ve thought about doing this with it. Good looking rifles.

Comment

Working...
                        X