Satellite GPS Messenger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite GPS Messenger?

what are some good ones? that wont break the $ bank. thanks.

I have a Garmin Mini InReach and it’s worked well.

Comment

Zoleo is probably the best for the money

Comment

ZOLEO by a mile.

Comment

I have a Garmin inReach. Love the thing. It was a game changer on a public land hunt I recently went on.

Comment

My Garmin Alpha 200i that I use for my dogs also has inReach and anywhere you have a GPS signal, it will allow you to text... It's not overly expensive either.

Comment

I have the in reach mini. I pair it with an iphone and take a light weight power pack. I can use it for days. The pairing allows the use of the iphone texting and maps withour cell service

Comment

InReach mini here. Can operate it from your phone. I have it solely for texting my wife while hunting, and it is a premium price tag for that. Not to mention the connection and send/receive are hit or miss, even with a clear view of the sky. Often takes a restart to make work again.

However, I have put Zoleo on my list to research. Anything to cut down on costs and be more user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  My Garmin Alpha 200i that I use for my dogs also has inReach and anywhere you have a GPS signal, it will allow you to text... It's not overly expensive either.
                  Did you have to activate a plan like the in reach?

Comment

InReach or Zoleo. Heard bad things about SPOT. I use inReach, and my cousin uses Zoleo. Zero issues with both. Garmin works best when you can see the sky.

Comment

I have an iridium go that has served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                        I have the in reach mini. I pair it with an iphone and take a light weight power pack. I can use it for days. The pairing allows the use of the iphone texting and maps withour cell service
                        I would love to hear more about pairing, as I have 0% coverage west of eldorado and thought about a satellite phone but they don’t make a receiver for a truck , boat yes auto nope

Never mind it’s blue tooth app
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-24-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GWHunter View Post
                          ZOLEO by a mile.
                          This ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
                            Did you have to activate a plan like the in reach?
                            Yes. It is the inReach system. The Alpha 200i has that as a feature.

Comment

I have an InReach also. works great an very affordable service.
                              the wife is OK now when I travel in the back country alone now.

Comment

Working...
                              X