Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caldwell deadshot tripod vs the BOG max tripod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caldwell deadshot tripod vs the BOG max tripod?

Have you tried these for a shooting station or a portable rest. The two I talking have both the frong a

Curious which might be better? I did not find the Caldwell on AP but they did have the BOG. Mainly looking for a quick crossbow shooting station for the kids. But it would be nice to have a simple substitute bench at the same time if you are out in the field. Both weight about 6-6.5 lbs

Opinions appreciated. JimD

Jim,

I cannot speak to the BOG for comparison...but I have owned the Caldwell Deadshot Tripod since 2010, since I first purchased it for hunting Alberta whitetails. I found it to be excellent allowed me to quickly and accurately move. My wife and b n law have used it with rifle in my bow blind with success.

Gary
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I have the bog for my kids crossbow. It works great . Just wish I went with the carbon fiber instead of the aluminum.

Comment

Got the BOG a couple of months ago and absolutely love it.

Comment

Have you looked at the BOG Deathgrip i have a fieldpod that collects dust after getting the Deathgrip for the grandkids and wife

Comment

I own both, the bog is what I usually grab because it’s much more versatile. But in the right application I feel just as confident if not more shooting off the caldwell.

Comment

BOG Deathgrip every day and twice on Sunday

Comment

I have the carbon fiber death grip. Its nice but if you like to pack lite its big and heavy. It works great with the crossbow. Ive used it as a bench/sandbags but its not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  BOG Deathgrip every day and twice on Sunday
                  This right here is the way to go. My daughter is deadly off of it.

Comment

have both, prefer the bog
                    both work grear

Comment

My stepson has the carbon Bogpod and it has broken twice at the aluminum rigs with the cam lever on them. Also 2 of the carbon pieces have pulled out of the aluminum pieces and had to be reglued. It's still really nice to use though.

Comment

Have both. My bog is aluminum and on the heavy side, but I still prefer it. Both my kids are crazy accurate off of it

Comment

Bog Deathgrip is the ticket.

Comment

You can't beat the Caldwell for being a cheap, lightweight shooting aid. It is nowhere near as sturdy as a bench and sandbags, but it doesn't have to be. The BOG Deathgrip is awesome in its own right, but a little pricey for me.

Comment

The old Caldwell Fieldpods and Fieldpods MAX have been rebranded by Bog. I had the original Fieldpod and it was too flimsy. I have the Fieldpod MAX now and love it.

Bog also makes the Deathgrip but I don’t like the idea of it “clamping” on any weapon. I don’t think it will work well with my Ravin crossbow.

I have the center of gravity marked on my rifles and crossbows and adjust the MAX so the COG sits right above the yoke. Then I can ease up on the up and down tension and loosen the panning completely so i can move my weapon any direction easily.

I don’t think you can do that with the Deathgrip.

Comment

Working...
                              X