Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nueces river Retreat - 2022 spring fishing starts now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a helluva time. Awesome all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice fish, congratulations. Some great fishing there.

Comment

Originally posted by TXfisher37 View Post
        16th was the day with the crap water and we didn't get anything noteworthy in the morning. But I could be wrong.
        I think we caught them during the day late afternoon Just can’t remember exactly.

Next year we will be even more prepared. Will be tough beating this years trip.

Need everyone to practice throwing cast nets in the off season

Comment

I may be retired by this time next year. Will have to get a cast net.

Comment

Made it home. That was a fun trip. No one went swimming this time. We saw lots of alligators finally on day 6 and 7. Caught TONS of fish. Ate like freaking kings. Glad to have my friends out enjoying the Nueces River with us.

Looking forward to next year already.

I'm probably still be cleaning the boat

I'm buying more heavy leader material so we can target even bigger fish next spring. Goal is to have zero get away by breaking off, bending hooks, or getting snagged on bottom.

May be looking into a mid October fishing trip down there to get everything ready for next spring.

Comment

Cool trip

Comment

Now that I rested a few days here are a few more pictures. Didn't take the good camera with me as it would have been lost, dropped in river, or broken somehow..

Hard to see but they were really pink!

IMO a better bait than tilapia. Small carp. Something tried to eat it.

We saw deer all the time and they didn't care. Guess they knew a boat wouldn't hurt them. And pigs twice in one day.

Only one big gator gar on this trip. Didn't have to release as he got off when along side the boat. Made that easy!

Richards meat haul. And we were throwing back lots of fish towards the end of the week. And released that last 75 pound stringer on the last day.

Picture of river from the house. Love the moss. Looks to be hanging lower than ever this year.

Comment

Really hate that I missed it. Hopefully next year!

Comment

Man, I am hooked! That was an amazing trip.

Comment

Wow what a trip guys!! Tim, you certainly got this big catfish thing figger'd out! I'm gonna make you a yoyo fighting line/hook. When I get it done, I'll send it to you... It will totally change the way you fight those big fish and you'll quit losing them/breaking them off!
                      Congratulations to all who got to experience this amazing trip!

Comment

Unless the law changed that yoyo line is illegal....Hope you are just kidding!

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Video of decent catfish

Comment

Originally posted by TXfisher37 View Post
                            https://imgur.com/a/wr9vYXx

Video of decent catfish
                            I like how Paul just throws it in the boat like ...hurry up we have other lines to check.. LOL And his words at the very end "We need bigger bait"

Comment

Great coverage and appreciate the recap, heck of a haul.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                              X