No announcement yet.

JFT Turkey Tour 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome congrats to him slayr! Heckuva unique beard and great spurs...

I have one with a stripe through it although not near as thick and red as yours. Was told it was some kind of beard rot that would eventually lead to the beard breaking off at the line if the turkey stayed alive. Mine is 15 years old and still intact hangin on the wall with the spurs. there were a few strands missing at the line when I killed him.

on edit I actually found a pic of it from a 2007 file...

Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300118.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	24682054

Last edited by Smart; 04-16-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I've had a couple of gobblers with beards like that. My son Jake killed one a few years ago that was like that, and about half the beard was broken off at the amber line.

Nice yote Adam. Kill 50 more of them and that will be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Just blew it. Had one coming from a couple 100yds away. Came all the in to 20yds but couldnt get drawn, thought I would get busted. Lost interest and left

Bummer! Was he strutting? you using decoys?

Comment

Mimosas at Popos and Grandmas

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

Mimosas at Popos and Grandmas

Now that is Zima-esque!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Now that is Zima-esque!

Grandma said she wanted mimosas so I had no choice

PoPo and I are contemplating hunting this evening. He wants to go so we prolly will but this porch swing is awfully comfortable.

Comment

Bummer! Was he strutting? you using decoys?
                Yes to both. I just basically waited too long to draw, trying to not get busted. I usually get down on my knees before they get close so I can lean way back to draw. I didnt do that this time, and he never turned his back to me so I never drew.

Comment

We had 5 gobblers on the field when we hit the gate

We’ve been playin cat and mouse with em since 5:00 and could have killed them twice.

I just couldn’t give PoPo the green light with the 20ga. I need them fully committed and playin the game in order for us to blast one with the shotty

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                    Yes to both. I just basically waited too long to draw, trying to not get busted. I usually get down on my knees before they get close so I can lean way back to draw. I didnt do that this time, and he never turned his back to me so I never drew.

Bad luck right there …

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2022

Evening recap:

About 245 I struck a bird as far away as I could hear, deep into the neighbors. Didn’t have anything else going on so I played the game with him. Got him to 59 yards (the fence) and knew how that would end up [emoji2361]. He was super worked up double gobbling and drumming nonstop, pacing up and down the fence just losing his mind. He was gobbling at everything, including the gadwall drakes in the creek. He did that for an hour before I backed out and went to find one that was on my side and I could actually shoot.

Few different sets yielded nothing but some hens and 5 jakes. Saw a bunch of ducks and whole pile of deer, including one big doe that got 10’ from me before she figured out something was amiss. Didn’t even need a HECS suit for an encounter like that [emoji15][emoji51]

Very quiet all afternoon, aside from the early bird.
                      Last edited by MooseontheLoose; 04-16-2022, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Passed these birds all evening

Gonna try to drag Chelska or Kayden out in the morning but it’ll be tough.

If they don’t go, i may go solo with popo’s crossbow

I need to save a tag for south texas but we’ll see…..

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                          Evening recap:

About 245 I struck a bird as far away as I could hear, deep into the neighbors. Didn’t have anything else going on so I played the game with him. Got him to 59 yards (the fence) and knew how that would end up [emoji2361]. He was super worked up double gobbling and drumming nonstop, pacing up and down the fence just losing his mind. He was gobbling at everything, including the gadwall drakes in the creek. He did that for an hour before I backed out and went to find one that was on my side and I could actually shoot.

Few different sets yielded nothing but some hens and 5 jakes. Saw a bunch of ducks and whole pile of deer, including one big doe that got 10’ from me before she figured out something was amiss. Didn’t even need a HECS suit for an encounter like that [emoji15][emoji51]

Very quiet all afternoon, aside from the early bird.

I think this is penance for only hunting one weekend

Comment

Passed these birds all evening

Gonna try to drag Chelska or Kayden out in the morning but it’ll be tough.

If they don’t go, i may go solo with popo’s crossbow

I need to save a tag for south texas but we’ll see…..

Are we placing bets on whether Chelseka wakes up tomorrow morning or not?

Comment

Are we placing bets on whether Chelseka wakes up tomorrow morning or not?

Sure

But you know where my money is!

Comment

Sure

But you know where my money is!

Comment

Working...
                                X