X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats PoPo on a great bird!!

Good luck Kayden!!

Comment

Had 12 hens, 7 jakes, and 4 longbeards within 30 but too hectic for a shot!

Bout to call it a day

Comment

Nothing like a mangy azz chicken chaser to ruin an epic morning [emoji2959]. Jurassic Park at first light. Had 7 jakes and a covey of hens within feet of my boots. Few minutes later there was chaos and chickens flying everywhere. Turn a bit and I can see him chasing after them. Straight up Leroy Jenkins’d my hunt. As soon as he saw the dekes he headed right for them and that was the end of him. Relocating now.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
          Nothing like a mangy azz chicken chaser to ruin an epic morning [emoji2959]. Jurassic Park at first light. Had 7 jakes and a covey of hens within feet of my boots. Few minutes later there was chaos and chickens flying everywhere. Turn a bit and I can see him chasing after them. Straight up Leroy Jenkins’d my hunt. As soon as he saw the dekes he headed right for them and that was the end of him. Relocating now.

Ruined a hunt but a helluva story to tell for the rest of your turkey hunting days..

Comment

Got him, nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              Had 12 hens, 7 jakes, and 4 longbeards within 30 but too hectic for a shot!

Bout to call it a day
              I dont know what the deal is, but I can never call em off the roost. Had gobbling from 2 locations at dawn. Heard them fly down. Tried to get them to come my way. Never saw them. All quiet now

Comment

How many hens qualify as a covey ??!! [emoji1787][emoji1787]

I never pass on a coyote!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  I dont know what the deal is, but I can never call em off the roost. Had gobbling from 2 locations at dawn. Heard them fly down. Tried to get them to come my way. Never saw them. All quiet now

Scouting

Gotta be where they wanna be

Comment

16 jakes this morning

Love it

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      16 jakes this morning

Love it
                      This is a new property for me, gotta figure them out. Its thick except the relatively small openings. I figured they may come to the biggest field, near where they roosted. But havent seen them here. I live 4hrs away unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        This is a new property for me, gotta figure them out. Its thick except the relatively small openings. I figured they may come to the biggest field, near where they roosted. But havent seen them here. I live 4hrs away unfortunately

Yessir

They have somewhere they like. Just gotta figure them out

Comment

Just blew it. Had one coming from a couple 100yds away. Came all the in to 20yds but couldnt get drawn, thought I would get busted. Lost interest and left

Comment

My boy is having a awesome weekend so far….I’ll share the story later when I get some more time.

Ever seen a line in the beard like this one has?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very unique bird, trophy for him. I e seen a few with orange tips, but never a stripe.
                              Congrats to him.

Comment

Congrats to your boy slayr!

I’ve heard that’s due to a period of stress or nutritional deficiency but I’m no chicken scientist.

Called in a solo hen after I moved. Been quiet since this am. Knocked out a couple quick chores then ate a pizza and drank a beer. Heading back out now to go sweat my guts out. Can’t get one on the couch though.

Comment

Working...
                                X