Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    I can see why not allowing rifle hunting in those areas, it's pretty common sense, but I'm all for allowing deer hunting with a bow in those areas (Bow NOT Crossbow) They already allow shotgun for hogs in some of the zones but not all, so let's allow bow for Deer also.

Also, Yes, there are A LOT of deer there, but with the high population the Deer population won't last long due to the number of hunters rushing to hunt. The deer will either move up and out or the sheer number of hunters will clean them out in a few years.

Actually they already allow rifles for hogs and other animals. They also don’t have a restriction on target shooting in those counties where you can’t shoot your rifles.

The argument that rifle hunting is a big safety issue doesn’t hold any water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
      Actually they already allow rifles for hogs and other animals. They also don’t have a restriction on target shooting in those counties where you can’t shoot your rifles.

I agree the safety grievance is weak

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
        I agree the safety grievance is weak
        I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

it's not just safety issues, it will be way too easy for hunters to kill deer and the population will drop very quick. Also the adjacent land owners don't want it because every "Public Land" hunter will be set up on their property edge waiting for deer to move in and out of their feeders....

Comment

it ain't gonna happen folks, Period.

Comment

I'm just pizzed, because I scouted a 14 point Buck for 3 years and I had promised myself to kill it with my bow. I saw it twice while I had my rifle, once it was 300 yards and the other time about 270 yards. I probably could have taken it, but I decided not to.... I saw it 5 more times when working and clearing brush, all within 100 yards....

Then last year a guy who lives close by there, sends me a pic of that buck he shot at 80 yards with his crossbow....

I was always against Crossbows, but ever since then, I'm more adamant about speaking against it.
              Cool story bro
              That can of worms was opened in 2009 and is not getting closed, especially all the money they make off them fancy Ravins.

Comment

Grayson should be atlatl only for deer. Just think how big they would get .

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  lol!

Comment

Just wondering. How many of you guys for or against this actually live in the country? I do. I have 3 bullet holes in my gate that were reported to the sheriff's department yesterday. Safety grievances are very real. Collin county had over 700 instances last year regarding bullets crossing property lines hitting personal properties or people. I don't have the Grayson numbers but i know its not 0. Nothing to worry about folks. Pig hunters and target shooters aren't dangerous so neither will deer hunters using guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                      Just wondering. How many of you guys for or against this actually live in the country? I do. I have 3 bullet holes in my gate that were reported to the sheriff's department yesterday. Safety grievances are very real. Collin county had over 700 instances last year regarding bullets crossing property lines hitting personal properties or people. I don't have the Grayson numbers but i know its not 0. Nothing to worry about folks. Pig hunters and target shooters aren't dangerous so neither will deer hunters using guns.
                      Thank you!

I live near by but I'm glad an actual adjacent land owner finally chimed in . Even at the public Hunting access areas you can see how people shot everything to he77, there's holes in almost every metal object that's out there. Some people are stupid.

Comment

I don't understand why, just because "you" don't like or do how someone else does something, you think it should be stopped.

How about, too many fish are being caught, ban barbed hooks and side scans.
                        Too many doves are being killed. Only allow .410 to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post

Thank you!

I live near by but I'm glad an actual adjacent land owner finally chimed in . Even at the public Hunting access areas you can see how people shot everything to he77, there's holes in almost every metal object that's out there. Some people are stupid.

I live out in the county. No bullet holes anywhere on my place and me and all my neighbors shoot guns regularly. But we are not idiots.

But even if I did I wouldn’t want to restrict anyones right to shoot on their property. You don’t restrict everybody for the idiocy of a few, or at least that’s how it should be. You deal with the idiots and leave everybody else the hell alone.

And just like in the other 5,10,15 or however many threads there are on this topic I will never support restrictions on fellow hunters legal methods of taking game. If it’s good for the rest of the state it should be good there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Convicted felons definitely shouldn't be hunting with firearms, we can all agree on that, can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I live out in the county. No bullet holes anywhere on my place and me and all my neighbors shoot guns regularly. But we are not idiots.

But even if I did I wouldn’t want to restrict anyones right to shoot on their property. You don’t restrict everybody for the idiocy of a few, or at least that’s how it should be. You deal with the idiots and leave everybody else the hell alone.

And just like in the other 5,10,15 or however many threads there are on this topic I will never support restrictions on fellow hunters legal methods of taking game. If it’s good for the rest of the state it should be good there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Property owners are not affected by this law (I don't think!) and should be able to use rifle on their property. The law is for public land hunters.

All this talk is worthless, nothing will change, they will continue to keep it the way it is and if they allow deer hunting it will be Bow only.

Comment

All I want to know is when did the state of Texas start using DMUxx???

Comment

Working...
                                X