Freeport eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint View Post
    Obviously it’s been a long time since I lived in the area, I’m not familiar with any of these. In Oyster Creek, I go back to Windswept, Demaya’s on the creek, and even back to Sarge’s owned by sheriff Gladney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Windswept burned many years ago.

Comment

Hook's on the Brazos usually has live music on Sunday afternoons. I don't know how good the food is but a friend of mine plays there on Sundays and he's pretty dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
        Windswept burned many years ago.

Yea, I knew they had. I miss that Friday night all you can eat shrimp.

Comment

Hooks
          Great music
          Good food

Great environment

Comment

Hooks on the brazos

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I think the burger place he’s talking about used to be called Lisa’s. My wife’s shop is in Oyster Creek by Niko’s. We eat at Mi Ranchito’s pretty often for breakfast.
              I switch back and forth between Ranchito and AR’s. Carne Guisada breakfast tacos are hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                Yea, I knew they had. I miss that Friday night all you can eat shrimp.

Asiel’s in Clute has a pretty decent AYCE shrimp.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBobcat View Post
                  I switch back and forth between Ranchito and AR’s. Carne Guisada breakfast tacos are hard to beat.
                  Same, only because Ranchito is closer to my bayou house. AR’s has some of the best brkfst tacos in Brazoria county…top 3 in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TxBobcat View Post
                    Same, only because Ranchito is closer to my bayou house. AR’s has some of the best brkfst tacos in Brazoria county…top 3 in my opinion

Port Cafe for lunch…

Comment

Kolache shoppe in court has by far the best sausage cheese and Jalapeño kolaches. Won West kolache contest with it. The breading is perfect

Comment

Hooks also has great crawfish this time of year during the weekend. They have been serving 600-700 lbs a weekend

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                          Kolache shoppe in court has by far the best sausage cheese and Jalapeño kolaches. Won West kolache contest with it. The breading is perfect
                          Uh oh. This "sausage kolache" talk might derail the whole thread.

Comment

It is Uber solid - and big

Most the time just eat one but occasionally have to grab a second. They are not the small dumplin one from the donut shop

If you haven't had on it's worth the drive

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                              Uh oh. This "sausage kolache" talk might derail the whole thread.
                              So true. To save all the explanations that may be coming

Kolaches are more popular than ever. The fruit-filled pastries are a Texas staple, but so is the kolache's cousin, the klobasniky. What's the difference?

Comment

Stand corrected

But

Can't get anything like that at the kolache shoppe

Comment

Working...
                                X