Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

summer sausage same as salami...recipe wise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

summer sausage same as salami...recipe wise.

Looking through Travis's spreadsheet for sausage seasoning, one of them is Venison Pork Salami Sliced Lunchmeat.

I am guesing trhat is the same as summer sausage. Gonna make about 40# this weekend and add chees/jap

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Looking through Travis's spreadsheet for sausage seasoning, one of them is Venison Pork Salami Sliced Lunchmeat.

I am guesing trhat is the same as summer sausage. Gonna make about 40# this weekend and add chees/jap

The recipe for summer sausage is named “Pork and Venison Sausage”. There is another one that is Jalapeño Cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just had SS for lunch the thought of salami didn’t even remotely cross my mind.

Comment

Interesting...but sounds right. I saw the salami but was wondering about the pork & venison. but..not this weekend

I been running fever last couple days chest and shoulder pain. Can't take deep breadths due to pain. took a home covid test today and ws negative. I may take some Ivermectin...just because.

Comment

Put the ivermectin in your salami mix - .17%

Comment

Where is this spreadsheet?

Comment

recipe section. sausage making spreadsheet from Breezy

Comment

I’ve always used a separate salami recipe of ours and just added japs and cheese to it. Really the salami and my jap and cheese recipes aren’t much different minus the addition of whole peppercorns and mustard seed. I think it’s got some coriander too but I’d have to look at the recipe. Either way make sure you add enough cure and once it comes out of the smoker get it chilled as fast as you can.

Comment

not the same

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    not the same

I would agree based on taste. I’ve made summer sausage. Never salami.

Taste-wise, I wouldn’t eat ss on a sandwich. At most cheese and crackers. Salami is good on a sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make venison bologna using 5" casings and smoking it. Same as summer other than seasoning plus I add peppercorns, similar to Salami. Makes great sammiches!

Comment

Sausage turned out great.

I think next year I will do 60/40 venison and trim the pork. Add twice the Japs and cheese.

Comment

Working...
                        X