No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are yall seeing mature bucks back at protein and corn feeders yet? I'm curious if most of the acorns are gone or rotten by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Are yall seeing mature bucks back at protein and corn feeders yet? I'm curious if most of the acorns are gone or rotten by now.
      A few are… but hard to tell on camera how long they are really eating. I may get 1 pic and they are gone (cruising) or might be there 10-15 minutes (actually eating)… none of either is in daylight. I waisted 1 sit all season looking at bait and according to my cameras I didn’t miss anything the other hunts. That was the most miserable 3.5 hrs all season

My cameras on travel between bedding areas have remained productive and every sit I can get into these areas produce sightings. Bait, food plots and oak ridges have all been a 100% bust all season for me

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh Bandit View Post
        He actually taped out at 131”. Beams were 20 & 21”. 31.5” of mass. A few us thought he would have about 10 more inches on him from the trail pics. He only weighed 120 lbs on the hoof! So his trail cam pics were a bit deceiving. No one in the area (talked to quite a few neighbors) had pics of him during the summer so I don’t know if he ever ate any protein feed. Heck Even on the hand corn he would only stop for one bite and leave and the day I got him he walked right past it. He’s just been rolling into the area every October. This year he chased a doe about 1 mile further east than he should have lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great buck! Congrats on waiting and getting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          I am guessing but I am assuming its because he has killed a buck already and their club opens it up for a second MLD buck tag after Thanksgiving if they are still available.
          Yep one buck per member then thanksgiving we get a second if tags remain

Comment

Needed to get some corn out so I went ahead and climbed the tree. Wind isn't great but we'll see what happens.

Comment

I finally got a doe this morning. First one I’ve seen without babies. She was straggling behind a big doe with twins. Big doe did not like it when the one I shot would not get up and follow.
              And the one I shot had the most fat I’ve ever seen on a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                Yep one buck per member then thanksgiving we get a second if tags remain
                Ah ok, understandable.

Comment

Saw this pic today. Definitely not East Texas because we all know there are no big bucks or pine trees in East Texas.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    No shooters showing up at my place in Grapeland. Does are heavy.

I am wondering if the shooters are either still roaming or taken out already.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JA23 View Post
                      Saw this pic today. Definitely not East Texas because we all know there are no big bucks or pine trees in East Texas.
                      Holy smokes batman.

That is impressive.

J

Comment

I saw bucks chasing all day Sunday, none over 3.5. Monday-Wednesday not a single deer. Cameras are still not catching any on the feeders during the day. A few small bucks and does are coming at night. The acorns were still falling this morning with a solid layer under about half the trees. It’s gonna be awhile before they have to get out of the brush.

Comment

Checked protein camera today….. 2 pics all week

Food plot camera….. zero of deer

Travel route cameras still showing deer I’m headed out of state so will see how things change in December!
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 11-23-2022, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I was able to hunt in Upshur County a couple years ago, but the property sold.
                            Let me know if any of yall see a lease available within 3hrs of DFW. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wish it would quit raining. This is getting a little ridiculous now.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                                I wish it would quit raining. This is getting a little ridiculous now.
                                Right? Couldn’t get squat late spring through summer, and now it won’t stop.

I need to get out and move some cameras around. Been waiting on a particular buck to show back up But he’s still MIA. Don’t think he got shot, definitely not on our lease, but I need to find him.

Comment

Working...
                                X