No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Terry, go get you a big ol' shot of penicillin in the arse! That'll straighten you right up!!
    And don't be hackin' in the Roux neither!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      I'm gona try to sneak in a couple of bowhunts Friday before the canons start going off Saturday morning. Then I'm getting my canon out Saturday morning .
      Hahaha, that sounds like a good time.

The only cannon I have seen fired is the one at a Texas game they would use when they scored a touchdown. Amazed me how big the punch that little thing had.

J

Comment

I hunted Sun-Wed, our place is north of Buna.
        Deer activity was good mid-day, no action until after 9. Saw bucks moving around, but they did more eating than chasing. Rained all day Tue and tracks showed them moving overnight.

Comment

Deer finally looking at the corn again at my place but staying nocturnal as that is how they are when the acorns drop. I had a stand this year in the oaks hoping to capitalize on the acorns but they just go nocturnal. Animals are getting real close to hanging out at first light and a new buck moved in that I would be fine taking this year. Im hoping to get a sit in this PM but my fuel filter blew and I got to fix that first. If not Saturday it will be in the blind with the boom stick. With it raining all night and the winds shifting due north I think Sat morning will be productive.

Comment

Get well soon, Terry.

I’ve seen two bucks this morning. One making a scrape at 7:45. Could only see legs and parts of his body. Saw a young 8 at 8:30. Hope to not get rained on.

Comment

Lot of mature bucks moved yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Lot of mature bucks moved yesterday!

Yep we had quite a bit movement the last two days. Today though is a whole other story, absolutely nothing. Think this hotter weather and increasingly larger moon has them going back nocturnal/first light patterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like Gumbo man is setting up to call in sick to work this weekend! Get well Terry. Kill ole big.

Comment

I haven't seen much through all October bow hunting. Young bucks and some doe. Hoping this changes soon . . . plan to do some sits Friday and try again before rifle season kicks in. Had some good targets on camera through all of August and September. 1 in particular I would love to see. But, I'd rather sit in the woods and not see anything than to sit at my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHamJello View Post
                      I haven't seen much through all October bow hunting. Young bucks and some doe. Hoping this changes soon . . . plan to do some sits Friday and try again before rifle season kicks in. Had some good targets on camera through all of August and September. 1 in particular I would love to see. But, I'd rather sit in the woods and not see anything than to sit at my desk.
                      Exactly the same for me. I could have repeated everything you just said. I usually hold my August/September bucks through at least mid October and it didn't happen this year. I've been hunting the same property since 2004 and this is one of the oddest seasons I have seen on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Good luck to you Pat! You been mighty quiet…
                        He kilt his buck a couple weeks ago. He got nervous and cheated

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          It’s only cheating if you get caught. 🤣🤣

Comment

Oh Lort!! THAT was your buck??!! I'd be ashamed of that little bambi!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Yes, yes he did and what a fine specimen of a buck it was

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                                Yes, yes he did and what a fine specimen of a buck it was
                                Yea he was. Even if he came from a 140 grain arrow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X