No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping to go this weekend, but it looks like the weather is supposed to be severe Friday evening and Saturday. I am hunting around Oakhurst, west of Lake Livingston.

Anyone heard any updated reports of weather in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
      I was hoping to go this weekend, but it looks like the weather is supposed to be severe Friday evening and Saturday. I am hunting around Oakhurst, west of Lake Livingston.

Everything I have been seeing puts the rain Friday to Saturday morning. Should sunny by Saturday afternoon.

But thats from a meteorologists, they are wrong 90% of the time.

I will be Madisonville and hoping Saturday afternoon get active after the front moves out.

J

Comment

J, thanks a lot.
        I do know one thing....if it is going to rain, it will rain around the Lake...lol.

Comment

Just go they screw the weather predictions all the time

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

J, thanks a lot.
            I do know one thing....if it is going to rain, it will rain around the Lake...lol.
            No kidding! My lease is east of Livingston and it seems if it rains anywhere, it will rain close to that lake.

Been on my lease over 25 years. Doe numbers have been down for a few years now, but I’ve seen a few with twins this year. Acorns are plentiful which they usually are in drought years.

Comment

Looks like rain all night friday but clearing off by 8-9AM on Saturday. If I can just make it into camp and get unloaded before the bottom falls out Friday that would be fine with me. Always like hunting the morning after an all night rain event, throw in the wind switch from S to N could be a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
                Must have been a monster acorn crop.
                It is impressive where we are, with the limited number of mast trees we have left. It has been the key for finding deer over the last month.

Comment

Went out to our place in Livingston today to fill feeders before the weekend. Seen 13 deer between the hours of 11-2. Saw several bucks full out sprinting after a couple of does, this whole week leading into the weekend should be great.

Our deer numbers have drastically increased now that our habitat is better overall as well as much less pressure and human interaction on our place as opposed to the previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer activity has been excellent the last 2 days with bucks cruising throughout the day. Especially in the middle of the day.

Comment

Checked cameras for the final time before Saturday, had a new 8 point show up on camera and lost a couple that had been regulars. Didn't lose any shooters though, hoping something big wanders through chasing some tail on Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Deer activity has been excellent the last 2 days with bucks cruising throughout the day. Especially in the middle of the day.
                        Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                          Went out to our place in Livingston today to fill feeders before the weekend. Seen 13 deer between the hours of 11-2. Saw several bucks full out sprinting after a couple of does, this whole week leading into the weekend should be great.

Our deer numbers have drastically increased now that our habitat is better overall as well as much less pressure and human interaction on our place as opposed to the previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          When we had our place in Polk co. the magic days were Nov 7-9! Good luck this weekend!

Comment

I'm gonna hunt my lease Thursday afternoon and Friday, and then Friday night I'll head up to our farm and hunt there. Screw trying to find cruising bucks in pine thickets. I'm gonna go watch hay pastures and catch them cruising there. LOL

Comment

Had a doe a her yearling in a feed pen about 9:00am 3 bucks after that cruise through till about 11:30. One b ing “Big Jim”

Comment

Well.....hopefully my weekend isnt completely ruined. Gonna vent for a few. The cows from the property next to mine have been living on my property for the last 3 days. Its a lady and her adult son who doesnt really care. I try to be a good neighbor. Ive helped moved them back a couple times. This is probably the 5-6th time in the 2 years we've owned that theyve come over and lived for a while before i could get there to move them or get him to move them. Theyve emptied at least 2 of my protein feeders that ive seen. And they just go from one corn feeder to the next all day. Who knows what damage they have done to my food plots, guess Ill see this weekend. I was getting regular deer pics, but none since the cows arrived. Their property is way over grazed and so their longhorns keep tearing down fence to get to mine. And they have no money to repay me for the damage/loss they have caused....I may be doing fence work for their fence instead of hunting.

Side note....anyone want to buy some longhorns? Shes selling cheap

Comment

Working...
                                X