No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I could get it for under $5 a 50# I fed it…. Everything ate it. Deer, hogs, coyotes, fox, possum, coon, squirrel. But due to that and it’s price now I quit it. 100# wouldn’t make it 2 nights

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Raining pretty good here now! Took the opportunity to sneak in my sons set up for this weekend….. about a ghost town too (in front of camera anyway) sign everywhere and seen a doe feeding under a post oak so that’s the plan for Saturday evening.

Checked the scrape ridge for ME and found him there working a scrape on the 26th. 3 bucks using it. I found what I hope is the spot for Saturday morning! Supposed to rain till 5am. I’ll be in saddle in a finger of woods with a “crp” area to my south, ridge to my east that ties in with all the trails headed to feed pen. Just hoping for scent checkers, that’s the plan. Plan on calling too since they can’t see through the brush or crp but both are solid trails.

That’s the plan anyway. Lol
      Good luck to ya.

Hopefully they move right after the front as good as they did on the last front. At my place it was a one evening thing. Then they went into hiding the next day.

Wish I was going to be out there this weekend. But looking forward to your pics.

J

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        Any of y'all not had deer not eat rice bran? I

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
        I have tried it a couple times.

Didnt seem like they liked it all that much in my area either. At least it wasnt something they seemed to make a priority over corn or sweet feed.

J

Comment

I went to my lease yesterday and was supposed to stay for 4 days. Ended up having to come home last night because my daughter is sick and I had to keep her home from school.

And of course my target buck daylights for the first time at 9 AM today. FML ����

Comment

Rain stopped in my area, jumped in stand and saw two does almost instantly. Hopefully rain is done til dark and evening be a good sit

Comment

Been watching it rain here since it ran me out of my stand at 9:45am. I keep hoping it'll slack off enough to get out there soon.

Comment

Tony is right. We just had a big wave of does breeding . Ots ending right now though. Bucks about to be cruising corn piles hot and heavy again.

Mark your xskenders gur 24 days from now to see a mad rush of hot does.

Comment

Buck I hunted last evening just showed up 16 yards from that tree I was in…… bout right. POURING RAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                    Any of y'all not had deer not eat rice bran? I

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
                    Me

Comment

Saw 6 does and yearlings (I’ve seen deer 3 out of 12 hunts this year) and our big 6 mature buck not far behind a doe smelling her and had her seperated. He was a step away from meeting the grim reaper…. Get in them woods they are cleaning up acorns and bucks are cruising for does. First weekend I’ve finally seen deer up front here hitting acorns and bucks have moved up front from our back woods bordering cut corn fields

Comment

Well, I had a buck finally show up on my two cell camera's. A young button buck.

The little guy has the run of both feeders. Haha. Been nothing else hitting the corn and protein but him.

J

Comment

This morning was great. Took my 45 minutes to get in my popup waiting on doe to leave. Then 3 minutes later i was covered up with 10 more. Two bucks came by late, saw deer till 930

Next few days should be good. Today would be a good day to get in a oak bottom and sit still all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Saw buck running a doe at 7:20, couple more young bucks cruising, then at 10:45 saw buck on a doe again. This evening should be hot

Comment

Seen this gargantuan doe about 10-12 minutes after I rattled. She was scared of everything. Didn’t stay around long and left the way she came. Never seen anything else. Strange season out there this year. I typically see 3-5 deer per sit and I’ve got a bunch or had anyway. She makes the second deer I’ve seen all season. And the first was in the exact same spot and did the exact same thing and I was in a completely different tree from a completely different direction
                              Attached Files

Comment

Some one outta lay one down this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X