No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As if I needed any more reasons to go out this weekend . . . you guys have me amped up

Comment

I will be spending 4 day weekends from now until the end of season at my camp.

Hopefully some good hunting weather cooperates.

Comment

Hunted, discd, planted, spilled blood

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Now that’s a trophy. I’m jealous. It is at the top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Great job Shane, plot turned out good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Great job Shane, plot turned out good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
              You could finally see where I sprayed the one thick one. Still didn't disc well.

The ones with dead grass where 6 or 8" of soft deep dirt after 3 or 4 passes. The rest is up to momma nature

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              Now that’s a trophy. I’m jealous. It is at the top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I've drawn on a couple but never even got close. 20 or 30 minutes after I shot that one, another one showed up. Not wanting to mess up another deer arrow, I swapped arrows out of my bow and quiver and drew all while this other yote was 20 yards eating corn. Drew and anchored as he was walking away. Hurried the shot and missed low.
              Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-28-2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

7 cameras on every situation you can think of over 4 properties not a single deer pic since in 24 hours! Gone. Went last night on a normally hot ridge… 9 armadillos and a fox

I’ve seen 1 deer from a tree the entire month of October and I haven’t hunted the same area twice

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  7 cameras on every situation you can think of over 4 properties not a single deer pic since in 24 hours! Gone. Went last night on a normally hot ridge… 9 armadillos and a fox

I’ve seen 1 deer from a tree the entire month of October and I haven’t hunted the same area twice
                  What does this make you think?

Comment

Taking out my son tomorrow and of course I wake up today with a sore throat and congestion and a headache. He's really excited about tomorrow. I need DayQuil to do it's thing! Sound like the woods are heating up

Comment

QB one heck of a shot on that yote
                      Hard to draw on those keen little suckers

Comment

Well I had a doe and yearling come in yesterday evening. My boys are coming up tonight so saving the doe's for them. I'm in another spot this morning and had 2 deer come out in the rain and then went right back in. The spot I was in yesterday had 4 show up after the rain this morning. I think Sat and Sunday should be good after this front and rain roll through.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                          What does this make you think?
                          Just the way it goes. It’s October. It’s typically the hardest time of year to kill. Home range changes, food source changes, testosterone levels are changing, where there once was 2 feed sources per 3000 acres now has a feeder, pile of rice bran, molasses black, and comer deer every 15.7 acres with 1 person per 12 acres now interested in looking for deer

I honestly think those factors combined with first round of “locked down”. Since late last week and first of this week was buck parades but none were eating just running through at night. I bet they are breeding NOW. hope it lets up in a day or 2

Next 2 weeks will be the best till very end of season for my area. The pressure and extreme small land fragments makes them extremely hard to kill with a bow after Nov 14th ish

Comment

Raining pretty good here now! Took the opportunity to sneak in my sons set up for this weekend….. about a ghost town too (in front of camera anyway) sign everywhere and seen a doe feeding under a post oak so that’s the plan for Saturday evening.

Checked the scrape ridge for ME and found him there working a scrape on the 26th. 3 bucks using it. I found what I hope is the spot for Saturday morning! Supposed to rain till 5am. I’ll be in saddle in a finger of woods with a “crp” area to my south, ridge to my east that ties in with all the trails headed to feed pen. Just hoping for scent checkers, that’s the plan. Plan on calling too since they can’t see through the brush or crp but both are solid trails.

That’s the plan anyway. Lol

Comment

Any of y'all not had deer not eat rice bran? I

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried rice bran in Houston County last year. Nothing would touch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X