No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did find a spot way away from another stand set up and feeder that I have back in some open woods near the intersection of two SMZ‘s, and I’ve got a climber on a tree in there now. I hunted it Sunday morning and saw one deer at 9:45, a buck checking a scrape line, and while he appeared to be pretty nice he stayed in some thick stuff and I wasn’t able to get a shot.

I did see my first living copperhead in the wild on my way out. I should’ve screamed like a girl but somehow I was able to remain calm. He was just laying there chillin’.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A73545BA-28D3-4CF5-8B33-FFF3619DDCAA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	24696520
    Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-26-2022, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I'm packing up this morning and heading back through Sunday. Lots of doe activity in the mornings and evenings and starting to have bucks stroll through in the daylight hours. Halloween week and weekend is always good in San Augustine and Sabine counties.
      Attached Files

Comment

Gitchasum Michael.

Comment

My #2 buck has been killable this week a few times…. Decisions to make. 7.5yo slick 8, he’s worthy! “ME” is making about 1 appearance a week at random….

Comment

action slowed down on cameras as of late - must be hitting the acurns hard

Comment

Good luck Mike. I'm in a tree right now and it's still as can be.

Weather man said 40-50 mph winds tomorrow. I won't be in a tree for that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Dont pull a maxx on us!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir tomorrow may get nasty but after that front Sat and Sun should be real good. I popped up a ground blind in a white oak bottom last weekend on the edge of creek before I left and put a camera on it. I will walk in there on my way in and pull that card. Will probably hunt there this afternoon

Comment

Don’t for get to strap on Shane…….I mean strap in…… I mean tie off, well you know what I mean. Be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      Don’t for get to strap on Shane…….I mean strap in…… I mean tie off, well you know what I mean. Be safe.
                      Hahaha. I escaped many years of my youth without a harness. Not no moe.. I'm too old to bounce

May go home tonight, watch Friday's game and come back Saturday morning

Comment

I think all the bucks that were visiting my feeders have moved to other properties with food plots or they are hammering the acorns. There are tons of oaks on my lease.

Havent seen a buck on cameras in over a week.

Good luck fella's

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                          I think all the bucks that were visiting my feeders have moved to other properties with food plots or they are hammering the acorns. There are tons of oaks on my lease.

Havent seen a buck on cameras in over a week.

Good luck fella's

J

They are breeding does pretty heavy right now. I know multiple guys seeing them locked down or actually breed a doe on different properties. It seems a little early this year but trust me it’s rocking and we are still on the upswing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            They are breeding does pretty heavy right now. I know multiple guys seeing them locked down or actually breed a doe on different properties. It seems a little early this year but trust me it’s rocking and we are still on the upswing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Agreed. Seen them on lock down in and around Montgomery County for about 10 days now. Peak is always around Halloween.
                            Last edited by tbgascorer; 10-27-2022, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Young bucks cruising and looking for love. My maximum distance I can see from the stand I’m in now is about 50 yards. Had a young 3 point walk past, work a rub, then got behind me and start blowing at me or something. Blew my grunt call and he stopped and walked away. Year and a half 6 point walked by at 10 yards right through my hand corn. Saw a good 7 point yesterday. Would be a good weekend for youths, but I don’t have any more.

Comment

Yep. Bucks are cruising hard this week in Trinity and Polk county. Saw 2 tending does yesterday. Just like every year youth weekend and beyond will be great activity. Especially with the rain that is coming. Bucks are still stopping to eat but they don’t stay long.

Comment

Working...
                                X