No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd really like to kill an east tx buck, i missed the only one i've shot at during an invite hunt. If anyone has an old managment buck or another deer they would be interested in selling a hunt for, please let me know.

Comment

Came over to take a peak.... looking good gents!

Comment

Velvets coming off folks.

Have 2-3 that are slick horned in the last couple days.

Comment

Man just got done scrolling the whole thread. Good looking deer guys. I just put a camera behind my house the other day & have a few. It I haven’t even been over to my 10 acre tract yet. Hopefully I can make it over there next week. Here’s a few from the house.

Hopefully I be able to get some better pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice ones Black N Red

Comment

On day I'm gonna grow some big deer like this. You guys have some good deer.

Comment

Definitely some nice looking bucks guys.

Going next week to my lease near Grapeland to fill corn and fix one of my cell camera solar panels. Havent got pictures from my feeder pen in a couple months.

But probably wouldnt be pictures anyway. I think corn has been empty for a while.

Hopefully they come back quickly.

J

Comment

Gentlemen - I hunt in Houston County. I wanted to ask your thoughts on the rut and when I should take off of work so I can plan it now and get it approved. What days/weeks tend to be the hottest during this time? I would greatly appreciate the input.

Comment

Originally posted by jershua View Post
                    Gentlemen - I hunt in Houston County. I wanted to ask your thoughts on the rut and when I should take off of work so I can plan it now and get it approved. What days/weeks tend to be the hottest during this time? I would greatly appreciate the input.
                    The last week of bow season is always a pretty safe bet

Comment

If I only had one week to hunt ET it would be the last week of October if the temps have cooled down. Hands down the best.

Comment

Halloween is always incredible! Nov 9-14 are always awesome too

Comment

Started looking for my opponents a week ago. Mock scrape is already being hit! Main event ain’t shown yet but he never does till hard horned. Only running cameras on 2 small properties now and have an incredible age structure! Once we get them to 4.5 it’s almost impossible for my neighbors to shoot them…. It’s just getting them past the 3.5 age where they look pretty good… but still dumb. Lol

Comment

Second to third week of October has always been our sweet spot, but we have coastal genetics blended in. We get a few bred all the way up in September.

I always shoot for time off Oct. 10-15 time frame depending on moon phases.

Comment

What moon phases are you looking for and which days to hunt over them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                If I only had one week to hunt ET it would be the last week of October if the temps have cooled down. Hands down the best.
                                First two deer I killed with my bow was on a late evening hunt on Oct 31st in an oak flat in Walker county. Killed them about 3 min apart. Buck was chasing a hot doe. Got both of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X