No announcement yet.

Old Mexico Hunter's 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard about that bear as well it was about 3 ranches south of us according to our ranch owner.

Comment

Any reports lately I'm heading back tomorrow for one last hunt, have one shooter that is a old sly rascal that I am going to focus on.

Comment

Originally posted by trackman View Post
        Any reports lately I'm heading back tomorrow for one last hunt, have one shooter that is a old sly rascal that I am going to focus on.
        Rut was full swing by Tuesday of last week for us, probably started before then. Does were getting ran off every feeder and road corn line we had. Mature buck activity was pretty hit and miss but we got our eyes on some bucks that had previously only been seen on cam. In general, bucks were moving miles across our ranch going to different areas. A never seen anywhere before, management 8 (118") got shot Wednesday pushing a doe. All our bucks have dropped a lot of weight over the last 2 weeks. One of the guys shot a really wide 8 that is a very nice deer.

Comment

Originally posted by trackman View Post
          Based on hunting Monday to friday evening last week, you should be hitting it full swing this week

Comment

Below is said wide deer stickem is referencing - pencil horned older buck with 11" G2's, a small kicker, and 23-1/4" wide.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys I had 4 of my guys on the lease 26th thru the 1st and I was skiing with the family. I can't say how proud I am of this group they are a huge part of my company and I would not be near the size we are without them. They took one mature 9 and a cull 8, but they showed me lots of pictures of 3-5 yr old bucks that were 160's, after several years of schooling and making mistakes along the way they all now know what a mature buck is and our vision of what we are managing for on the place. It brings me great pride to be able to send my key guys to hunt a place that they would not be able to afford other wise as a reward or bonus to working so hard thru out the year. I'm taking my best friend with me today he has been there several times before and just the 2 of us hunting 15,000 acres shouldn't be too crowded! One of my guys got to look at my target buck for about 10 seconds in the brush and couldn't see his body to age him. Then watched him run a doe for half a mile out of sight. I'm going to try to setup in a place we have seen him 3 times he doesn't come near a feeder or even stop for corn. I'll either get to see him or run him out of the country. I hope one day to be able to spend a month of the season in Mexico, for me there is no place as magical as hunting a low fenced ranch. From watching the sunsets against the Burro mountains or the seeing bucks in a low pressure environment behave it doesn't get much better.

Comment

I don’t know if it gets in the blood, the muscle or the bone matter but once Mexico gets in the body its a Mother F’er !

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                  Below is said wide deer stickem is referencing - pencil horned older buck with 11" G2's, a small kicker, and 23-1/4" wide.
                  Now that's a cool.old buck!

Comment

Looking for one gun trophy hunter on proven old Mexico Ranch. 8400.00 acres. 6 Gun lease have 5 returning hunters. Lease is 4200.00 Per member plus permits and feed. Nice house water and electricity. I have been on Ranch for 17 years. If interested you can PM me or text me for more information (281-814-2279)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                      Looking for one gun trophy hunter on proven old Mexico Ranch. 8400.00 acres. 6 Gun lease have 5 returning hunters. Lease is 4200.00 Per member plus permits and feed. Nice house water and electricity. I have been on Ranch for 17 years. If interested you can PM me or text me for more information (281-814-2279)
                      Ranch is South West of Guerrero Coahuila

Comment

Lease spots

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
                        Headed down at 3am for 4 full days of rut action.
                        Call me if you are still interested in looking at the other ranch we picked up. Grandkids ran my phone through the washing machine and lost some of my contacts

Comment

Looking for a northern Coahuila place

I have really been thinking about trying to go back to Mexico
                          Does anyone have any suggestions?
                          I am think NC as I want a good mule deer and upper plateau whitetail place
                          Maybe some thing NW of Acuna / north of Saltillo
                          Any suggestions are appreciated

Comment

man I want to hunt Mexico !!!

Comment

This past season was my first in Mexico and seems that it was a bad year, due to lush conditions. If that was tough, I can’t wait for next season! Shot my biggest buck, antler and body wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                                Ranch is South West of Guerrero Coahuila
                                Proven area for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X