Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Our place is GREEEEEEN. Answered prayers there. Animals pulled off the feed for better food. Can’t blame em. No axis heard. Turkeys were still gobbling. Had 4 gobblers responding and 2 coming in on a string. Was trying to call em in for a guys 10 year old daughter. It didn’t work out but they had fun! Had em right in our lap just wouldn’t come out of the brush. Great time was had. Hoping the green up wasn’t too late and they’ll put on some inches this year. Sort em out in august or September abd see if there’s a candidate for a bullet!

One of the guys sons shot a heck of a boar and it was his birthday! I’d post a pic but I didn’t ask permission to do so yet. I’ll ask and post up if it’s ok.

We needed the rain that’s for sure! Those deer will always find a way to make things difficult but like you said you really can’t blame them. It’s going to be fun stalking around our place to see if we can get into the axis. Definitely my favorite way to hunt them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Fire off of intersection (aprox 2 mile East of intersection) FM 864 and FM 2597 leading to Ft McKavett. Eldorado and Sonora FD volunteers out there. I'm sure by now more volunteer departments as well. Buddy sent pictures at 6:25pm. Just a heads up if you have property/lease out this way! The pictures do not show any structures, too far off of the road and tree's blocking view, but a lot of smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by rwurz View Post
        We’re close. I’m right off of 10 on Harrell rd.

South of 10? One of these years we need to have tbh get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anyone got any rain totals for Sonora areas?

Comment

We got rain off our place last night maybe a good shower for about an hour. When I went out this morning the dirt wasn’t even wet enough to stick to my boots. We are down Bond Rd

Comment

Originally posted by Biggun View Post
              Anyone got any rain totals for Sonora areas?
              It was so sporadic throughout Sutton County, places 1/4 mile apart got vastly different totals. I’ve heard anywhere from .3 - 1.75 inches

Comment

Buddies place was .2 inches, still dry as a bone! His place is NE mostly E off of fm2597 and fm864. Very sporadic

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  It was so sporadic throughout Sutton County, places 1/4 mile apart got vastly different totals. I’ve heard anywhere from .3 - 1.75 inches

Well dang it. I can’t complain we have gotten more rain than others around us but always need more. I went out to pick up a stand in Mason and that ranch was dry as I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfeathers View Post
                    Buddies place was .2 inches, still dry as a bone! His place is NE mostly E off of fm2597 and fm864. Very sporadic
                    Same here north of town on 190 , like Moses split the sky’s and 1-2 inches north west and south east of us
                    .40 inch on the ranch

Comment

We got just a little bit last night, but not really enough to do much good.

Still hoping and praying for a real rain!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

We are heading that way Friday. Shoot some animals and Kayak the South Llano.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                          We are heading that way Friday. Shoot some animals and Kayak the South Llano.

Ready to see some LDPs!!

Comment

Turkeys were goin nuts this week, too bad it was only 2 weeks to late! The axis were starting to get really vocal in the late afternoons and really early mornings. I tried to slip in close to one but I could never find him.

Comment

Nice morning. Just got wt doe so far came in for a drink. Feeder times need to be adjusted. Hopefully see more once they go off at 7:30.

Comment

We’ve been having hell with the water lines since the pigs moved in.

Comment

Working...
                                X