Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    This is the year of the exotics for me!!!!! Went out yesterday afternoon to see if I could get a whitetail buck to slip up. That didn’t happen, but the blackbucks came in, and once I got a good close up view of this guy, I decided I had to shoot him if I got the chance. Well, it happened, and I did get the shot. First blackbuck off my own property!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Congrats Bisch, that’s a dang nice Blackbuck too!

Comment

This is the year of the exotics for me!!!!! Went out yesterday afternoon to see if I could get a whitetail buck to slip up. That didn’t happen, but the blackbucks came in, and once I got a good close up view of this guy, I decided I had to shoot him if I got the chance. Well, it happened, and I did get the shot. First blackbuck off my own property!!!!

Bisch

Save some for the rest of us!! [emoji23] congrats Bisch! Do those things run wild on y’all’s place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
        Save some for the rest of us!! [emoji23] congrats Bisch! Do those things run wild on y’all’s place?

Wild as blackbucks do get. I put 1 ram and 3 ewes on my place in 2018. There’s probably 25 now. There is nothing stopping them from jumping the fence other than their not wanting to jump the fence.

Bisch

Comment

Wild as blackbucks do get. I put 1 ram and 3 ewes on my place in 2018. There’s probably 25 now. There is nothing stopping them from jumping the fence other than their not wanting to jump the fence.

Bisch

Congrats,Bisch!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats Bisch! He’s a stud. I wish we had more than one young male running around.

Comment

Sonora / Sutton County 2022

Got back from the ranch yesterday! It was muggy and humid! My target buck was was showing up at random times of the day so I decided to sit down at 230 pm. As luck would have it not 15 minutes later a lone doe comes into the feeder. I thought this was odd since deer don’t normally show up till around 430. Not 2 minutes later I see this guy coming in from where she came in. Deadly mistake! 15 yard shot right behind the shoulder and exited middle of the shoulder on the opposite side. Deer made it about 100 yards. I used a 100 grain single bevel iron will with bleeders and had abismal blood! I put the dog down and he made quick work of the situation.
                I missed this buck earlier in the year and it looks like he was rutting hard! Looks like he lost 100 pounds!

Last edited by TexasTrophyBowhunter; 12-10-2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Great buck. Congrats

Comment

Anyone been having any luck??

Comment

We just got back out here today, sitting in a stand now. Lots of movement but same on crap deer. It’s been a horrible year for us. Numbers are there but horns this year are garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        We just got back out here today, sitting in a stand now. Lots of movement but same on crap deer. It’s been a horrible year for us. Numbers are there but horns this year are garbage.

I hear ya! We had some cool deer last year and this year they lost all their character

Comment

Working...
                        X