Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    Home for the next 6 days.
    Very nice. What rv park are y’all at?

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Home for the next 6 days.
      Excellent via, color me jealous!

Comment

Definitely gonna check out Red River, NM; thanks for sharing the picture! Y’all doing some hiking, fishing, relaxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
          Very nice. What rv park are y’all at?
          We are at 4K River Ranch. Nice park right on the edge of town. River ins through the park and there is a stocked pond to fish as well. My dad has been catching fish out of the river the last few weeks.

We are going to go rent a utv and ride some of the trails and go up the ski lift and take a ride to the top. There is a burger joint up at the top. Probably go to Eagles Nest tomorrow and watch the fireworks over the lake, and drive into Angel Fire and Taos too.

Comment

Just returned from Pedernales Falls SP. River is in a sad situation.

Comment

I’ve got another random question: is it OK to use cruise control when pulling a camper (with the tow button engaged)?

I’ve got a 3/4 Duramax pulling a 28’ Coleman camper, so it’s probably on the upper end of the weight limit, and it’s a PITA trying to drive without the cruise control. But, boy, sometimes when you’re pulling up a steep hill those RPM’s will get up there a bit (never red-lining though).

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                I’ve got another random question: is it OK to use cruise control when pulling a camper (with the tow button engaged)?

I’ve got a 3/4 Duramax pulling a 28’ Coleman camper, so it’s probably on the upper end of the weight limit, and it’s a PITA trying to drive without the cruise control. But, boy, sometimes when you’re pulling up a steep hill those RPM’s will get up there a bit (never red-lining though).

I have a very similar setup, I only use cruise on flattish ground, or with a tail wind, ie easy pulling conditions….and retell even then. I don’t like the shift points on cruise, and prefer to control the throttle myself..

Most people will tell you not to use CC at all pulling a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-06-2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

I use cruise a lot when towing but I cut it off and drive prior to starting a hill pull or downhill.

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

I use cruise in flatland and tow haul mode and exhaust brake on.
                    I’ll also drop out my top gear (6th for me) when towing through a town or in traffic. This keeps the boost up So it doesn’t have to downshift when the speeds pick up……then flutter back down again. It was more of an issue with my last truck and it’s 3.21 gears. Not so much with my current 3.55’s. I’m talking big city town like a metro mess, not a couple stoplights with a single DQ town.

I have a coworker who thinks the tow haul mode is the devil in his one ton pulling a triple axle toy hauler. To each his own.

One benefit of buying new, ain’t no telling how the previous owner used it. But hopefully they are built smart enough that a simple tow decision wouldn’t cause long term damage one way or the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

On a stretch of fairly flat highway I’ll put on cc to stretch my leg for a bit but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s the youngest child y’all take camping/RVing?

What are some of the cons to it or special considerations you have to make opposed to older children.

I have a 3yo, 18mo, and a 3wk old.

Comment

Question, do any of y'all have an auxiliary fuel tank in the bed? Slowly working my way to a getting a camper. Have a truck, 2019 ram 2500 cummins, and saving for the camper. Without knowing what camper I will have and what kind of mileage I will get, curious if the aux tank is worth it? We're in DFW and would be going to Colorado, Yellowstone, etc so pretty far trips.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post

What are some of the cons to it or special considerations you have to make opposed to older children.

My daughters first trip to Big Bend she was 3 months old. We had a popup and we also had my son, he was 2. We had their little pack and play and had child carriers for the hikes. It was a great trip, you just have to limit the hike length.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post

You know what causes that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                You know what causes that, right?
                                The mailman?

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X