• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Micheal!

Maybe after season we can meet up on the RV trail

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Well, we had a few hang-ups between buyer and seller banks that won’t be resolved until Monday or Tuesday, so essentially we are renting our new camper until then!

I met the seller in Buda to pick up the camper this morning. I had hoped to beat the rain to get it set up at our Blanco lease, but the rain hit early and hard. Fortunately, I managed to book an RV spot at the nearby Blanco State Park for tonight through Wednesday morning (they must have just had a cancellation, because they were full when I checked yesterday!)

I’m here by myself until Wednesday evening, so I spent this afternoon acquiring gear and getting things set up properly.

After much research, we ended up buying a slightly used ‘22 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE.

Pardon the mess, I unloaded quickly in the rain and took pics before cleaning and organizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Congratulations! We have the exact same one in the 2020 year model. Other than some minor water line issues in the bathroom, it's been a great camper. First big trip was at 10K feet with 4 grown men for a fishing trip in southern Colorado. It was a little tight, but we all parted friends!

Comment

Can someone tell me which wires from my new light fixture go with the wires in the camper? Like an idiot I didn’t take pictures when I took it apart, and the other light fixtures all have a third white wire that this one does not.Click image for larger version

Name:	35726712-43DF-4342-A564-357B6294E764.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24699724
        Click image for larger version

Name:	47F98CE8-C3FD-4824-A0B5-EB598EAF01B6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	24699723

Comment

Blk on blk, white on white.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
            Blk on blk, white on white.
            Thank you! That’s what I figured, but I need to make sure I didn’t electrocute myself.

Comment

They are 12 volt, it won't hurt.

Comment

Propane question? I started living in my Class C RV during the week while at work in August. I try and not use the propane for anything but running the Fridge. Here lately a few times I will turn on the heater to get it warm enough to warm it up and then run the small space heaters. I turn the camper heater off. I haven't used the hot water heater thus far either. I go to the bath house to shower. I bought a Hot Rod and I will be installing that this week. I haven't used the stove either.
                My question is. Just running the fridge. Approximately how long should my propane supply last?

Comment

Depends on the size of your propane tank mounted to the RV chassis.

Our 31' Class C propane tank holds 14 gals and we only use the propane fridge (during drive time only) and for outdoor grill cooking. Very seldom do we use the "house" heater during the winter, but it does come on on the really cold nights when the electric space heaters just can't keep up.

Based on that, I usually refill our propane tank every 5-6 months, and we use our RV camping at least once/twice a month.

Just using propane to run your fridge, it should last you a good 6 months plus. The pilot light on the fridge doesn't use a lot of propane at all. But....

If you're using electric space heaters and the soon to be installed Hot Rod into your water heater (btw, I did the same and absolutely love it!), why not just use the fridge on electric also?

Comment

My tank is also 14 gals. I must have a problem with a leak outside somewhere. I am going thru that tank every 6 weeks. I am not so sure my fridge is running correctly either. My electric element must not be working. The Auto light is on for electric only but my propane tank is still going down. Is it possible for the Auto light to be on and not working and the fridge using gas?

Comment

Auto doesn't keep it on electric, it uses whichever is available, electric or gas. Verify that you are getting electric power to the fridge. If the outlet weren't working, or a 120v breaker for the fridge is tripped, it will Auto switch to gas. Still seems like it should last more than 6 weeks. If you have an outdoor grill propane quick connect, make sure that valve is closed. Our quick connect was leaking when the valve was open and ran us out pretty quick on one trip.

Just a suggestion, I don't even play an RV tech on TV.

Comment

BushHawg makes a good suggestion about checking the function of the 120V outlet for the fridge. On the outside of the RV, there should be an access panel with vents behind the fridge. Open that up and there will be a normal-looking electrical outlet that the fridge plugs into. Plug something else in there to verify power.

If no power at that outlet, then start looking at the breaker panel for your RV. If there is power there, then there will be another issue.

I would also start checking for an exterior gas leak somewhere. If it were inside, you'd definitely smell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          Can someone tell me which wires from my new light fixture go with the wires in the camper? Like an idiot I didn’t take pictures when I took it apart, and the other light fixtures all have a third white wire that this one does not.
                          So I replaced the light fixture today and connected the wires as previously instructed, but even the new fixture isn’t working.

Is it possible it should be black to white? Does anyone else have any other ideas as to the cause? All of the other lights are working just fine, so I can’t imagine this being an issue with the wires.

Comment

Originally posted by BushHawg View Post
                            Auto doesn't keep it on electric, it uses whichever is available, electric or gas. Verify that you are getting electric power to the fridge. If the outlet weren't working, or a 120v breaker for the fridge is tripped, it will Auto switch to gas. Still seems like it should last more than 6 weeks. If you have an outdoor grill propane quick connect, make sure that valve is closed. Our quick connect was leaking when the valve was open and ran us out pretty quick on one trip.

Just a suggestion, I don't even play an RV tech on TV.
                            Thank you Sir

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Checking in from the hill country
                              Last edited by bboswell; 12-09-2022, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                Is it possible it should be black to white? Does anyone else have any other ideas as to the cause? All of the other lights are working just fine, so I can’t imagine this being an issue with the wires.
                                Are you replacing with LED?
                                When I switched all our light fixtures to LED, I had two fixtures that were wired backwards. You should hook them up color to color. But it may be that the original fixture was wired up wrong. With the LEDs they are polarity sensitive. Try hooking up the wires the other way around and see if that makes the lights work.

Comment

Working...
                                X