2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beach camping experience #asswhip
    Pulled onto beach just south of Packery Chanel and met a beach police officer. I asked him where a good spot to camp would be and bought my permit from him. He led me to a spot and said I would be in good shape there. Plenty of room between water and sand dunes. I set up camp. Put out my sand proof carpeting, my sand wash off station, got the generators going, put out chairs, shade, ice chest, planted my American flag. sat down and cracked a cold one. Life was good. The girls were gone down the beach and I was relaxing. That evening went into to town had diner at a friends house and got back to camp about 10:00 pm. I sat out under the stars till about midnight then turned in. Got up the next morning and the tide came in and our camp was under a foot of water. All my gear was gone, shoes gone, ice chest gone, chairs gone. The generators had stopped working and were half way under water. My sand proof carpet was buried under 3" of sand. The water was a foot deep all the way to the dunes. I began the search for lost gear. Found most of it except the shoes. Then I began packing up for my attempt to get the heck outta there. Took for ever to dig out the carpet. After 2 hours I was packed and hooked up to the fifth wheel. Put her in 4 wheel and gassed it. I was able to pull free and I never lifted until I hit the asphalt. Very lucky I made it out. Got home spent 4 hours cleaning up. Two days later paid $1,000.00 for full outside and inside detail by professionals to get the trailer clean.
    Brought my two brand new generators to my shop. Had my mechanics try and salvage them. Both had sand and water in the oil. Total loss.
    I told my wife if I ever suggest camping on the beach again to kick me square in the taint.
    NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Holy smokes sotx, that's a bummer. Sorry to hear about that.

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear this and for you loss. At least it is just stuff that got lost though I know it has to sting. The beach has never appealed to us.

Comment

I have been living in this trailer since January here is Tampa, FL. I moved down here for 16 months to complete a masters program. It is a 2022 Forest River Grand Surveyor 267RBSS and it is perfect for a single guy, plenty of room and honestly feels like a little apartment and not a trailer.
          Attached Files

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Looks awesome Big Lee

Sotx- what a nightmare. I could hear the knife slasher movie sound effects in the background while reading that.
            Glad you didn’t wake up half way to Cuba.

Zachw- smart way to do it. Looks like a good set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by DaveC; 06-21-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
              Wow, sorry to hear this and for you loss. At least it is just stuff that got lost though I know it has to sting. The beach has never appealed to us.
              Don't ever do it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                Beach camping experience #asswhip
                Pulled onto beach just south of Packery Chanel and met a beach police officer. I asked him where a good spot to camp would be and bought my permit from him. He led me to a spot and said I would be in good shape there. Plenty of room between water and sand dunes. I set up camp. Put out my sand proof carpeting, my sand wash off station, got the generators going, put out chairs, shade, ice chest, planted my American flag. sat down and cracked a cold one. Life was good. The girls were gone down the beach and I was relaxing. That evening went into to town had diner at a friends house and got back to camp about 10:00 pm. I sat out under the stars till about midnight then turned in. Got up the next morning and the tide came in and our camp was under a foot of water. All my gear was gone, shoes gone, ice chest gone, chairs gone. The generators had stopped working and were half way under water. My sand proof carpet was buried under 3" of sand. The water was a foot deep all the way to the dunes. I began the search for lost gear. Found most of it except the shoes. Then I began packing up for my attempt to get the heck outta there. Took for ever to dig out the carpet. After 2 hours I was packed and hooked up to the fifth wheel. Put her in 4 wheel and gassed it. I was able to pull free and I never lifted until I hit the asphalt. Very lucky I made it out. Got home spent 4 hours cleaning up. Two days later paid $1,000.00 for full outside and inside detail by professionals to get the trailer clean.
                Brought my two brand new generators to my shop. Had my mechanics try and salvage them. Both had sand and water in the oil. Total loss.
                I told my wife if I ever suggest camping on the beach again to kick me square in the taint.
                NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!
                My wife and daughter made a suggestion about taking ours and setting up on the beach. I’m showing her this post, to back up my “not a chance” response to them I hate that you had to deal with that mess, sotx…but glad it wasn’t worse

Comment

Now I’m waiting on Moser to see the update from you and reply, sotx ��

Comment

Originally posted by txdispatcher View Post
                    now i’m waiting on moser to see the update from you and reply, sotx :d ��
                    lmaooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                      My wife and daughter made a suggestion about taking ours and setting up on the beach. I’m showing her this post, to back up my “not a chance” response to them I hate that you had to deal with that mess, sotx…but glad it wasn’t worse
                      Good call LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                        Now I’m waiting on Moser to see the update from you and reply, sotx ��

Oh I read it, I might have even laughed a little bit. But George is too good a man to kick when he’s down![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Oh I read it, I might have even laughed a little bit. But George is too good a man to kick when he’s down![emoji23]

LMAO is was a complete asswhip

Comment

I’m glad you were able to get out. Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              LMAO is was a complete asswhip
                              Dagnabbit! Sounds like a great evening and horrible morning!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I chuckled a little myself…but was glad someone else gave me the proof I needed to avoid it

Comment

Working...
                                X