2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    Palo Duro past week. Wind chill was 0 degrees. Here is a shot trying to cook breakfast and fight the wind. The zipline place had a sign that said they will open in September of 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    0*f

When I was there is was 115*f and no wind.
    We stayed long enough to leave .

Comment

I must say, Buescher State Park is very, very pretty. Not much to do except hike and bike, which is fine with the wife.

I saw that post above about Guadalupe State Park and the fishing to be done, so maybe I need to look at that one for another time.

Comment

Had a blast today fishing. My boy caught a pretty good trout.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Palo Duro past week. Wind chill was 0 degrees. Here is a shot trying to cook breakfast and fight the wind. The zipline place had a sign that said they will open in September of 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They’re open, we zip lined today before going down into the canyon. It’s just jaw dropping country. We hiked about 6 miles today, and are going to the lighthouse, Goodnight Peak, Big Cave, and Rock Garden in the next couple days…Panhandle plains Museum on Wed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to hear yall got to do it. Maybe they closed for the weather. We went to the one right outside the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
              If you end up liking Palo Duro, you should check out Caprock Canyon State Park. It is similar to Palo, just smaller scale and a lot less people. They have some really good hiking trails there, and a small lake to fish.
              x2. We stayed at both parks last year on our trip. Enjoyed the bison as well.

I bought a TST tire pressure monitoring system when we bought our trailer. Been happy with it so far. just bought a few more sensors for my new utility trailer.

Comment

Has anyone been to Copper Breaks State Park? Pictures look pretty good and they have a nice looking 60 acre lake to fish, and some hiking too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  They’re open, we zip lined today before going down into the canyon. It’s just jaw dropping country. We hiked about 6 miles today, and are going to the lighthouse, Goodnight Peak, Big Cave, and Rock Garden in the next couple days…Panhandle plains Museum on Wed.

Enjoy your trip. We had a good time there last year. Trails were closed do to all the rain they got when we were there. Finally going to pick up our trailer tomorrow morning after the hail damage from Palo last spring.

Comment

We’ve had a wonderful time so far, but to top it off my wife’s aunt and uncle called tonight and told us they had a surprise. He won 2 suite tickets to George Strait next Sunday at the HSLR, but they’re gonna be in Maryland for some reason so they’re giving them to us!

OMG I am SO excited now.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post

Good going, dad. He looks mighty proud of that fish.

Comment

This is on our list for next spring early. I'd like to do both parks. Not sure we would be into the zipline thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                          This is on our list for next spring early. I'd like to do both parks. Not sure we would be into the zipline thing though.

Do so before it gets hot…I can’t even imagine how hot it gets down there in the summertime. We hiked about 7 miles today including “The Rock Garden”, and I’m beat….but I could never get tired of looking at this place.

Comment

Do so before it gets hot…I can’t even imagine how hot it gets down there in the summertime. We hiked about 7 miles today including “The Rock Garden”, and I’m beat….but I could never get tired of looking at this place.

Bucket list for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              Bucket list for sure!

Man you GOTTA do it, and do it while you can still cover some ground on foot with your boys! My pictures suck and the wind filling the sky with dust isn’t helping, but it’s beautiful, rugged, country. The best parts are seen on foot, but I’d love to do this with horses, and I don’t like horses. I can’t go 2 minutes without thinking of Charlie Goodnight, Col Makenzie, or Quannah Parker hunting or hiding in this crazy place. It’s a Texas History nerd’s dream.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                                How was the park? Is it right on the river with good access? Is it a parking lot park with no trees or are the spots kinda spaced out with some shade? Sorry for all the questions but I'm always looking for a good place on the river and can't stand the parking lot type places that have you crammed in like sardines and no shade.

Comment

Working...
                                X