2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Les View Post
    When we were in Birch Creek, we went over to Rocky Creek and checked it out and wrote down the spaces we liked for when we go back.
    Les, since staying on the south side we prefer it. The sites out further on the peninsula open in April. We were is site 65.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      We are going to be at Canyon rim RV park next week, at the rim of the Palo Duro canyon. I’m really looking forward to seeing the canyon, zip lining, hiking some of its trails, and checking out all the surrounding history that area provides for a Texas history nerd.

I grenaded one of the chyna bomb tires on the way home last night, luckily it didn’t tear anything else up. Got 4 new American made 10 plys this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Camped at the state park a couple times. Beautiful place and full of history.

Comment

Hit Goliad state park over the weekend. Very nice park and the old mission there was very cool.
        Attached Files

Comment

We will be out at Lakeside at Hords Creek April 1st for a week. Do a little crappie fishing.

Comment

Made it to the Guadalupe today. After getting set up we were able to get down to the river for a few cast late this afternoon. Staying until Wednesday so plan to fish some more starting tomorrow.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              We are going to be at Canyon rim RV park next week, at the rim of the Palo Duro canyon. I’m really looking forward to seeing the canyon, zip lining, hiking some of its trails, and checking out all the surrounding history that area provides for a Texas history nerd.

I grenaded one of the chyna bomb tires on the way home last night, luckily it didn’t tear anything else up. Got 4 new American made 10 plys this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              If you end up liking Palo Duro, you should check out Caprock Canyon State Park. It is similar to Palo, just smaller scale and a lot less people. They have some really good hiking trails there, and a small lake to fish.

Comment

We are headed to Brazos Bend SP in about a week. Looking forward to riding the ebikes and seeing what I can point my lens at.

Same site as last year has plenty of room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBSP camp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	24678880

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                  If you end up liking Palo Duro, you should check out Caprock Canyon State Park. It is similar to Palo, just smaller scale and a lot less people. They have some really good hiking trails there, and a small lake to fish.

Don't forget the Buffalo / bison herd - that's something you don't see at most parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                    We are headed to Brazos Bend SP in about a week. Looking forward to riding the ebikes and seeing what I can point my lens at.

Same site as last year has plenty of room.

[ATTACH]1083557[/ATTACH]
                    Sweet looking set up, can't wait to partake myself.

Comment

Thanks, it's a comfy situation for my wife and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post

Don't forget the Buffalo / bison herd - that's something you don't see at most parks.

Originally posted by DFA View Post

Great info!

Comment

For those who like clean, and I mean spotless parks, I would recommend Hamm Creek park in North Tx. It sits on the Brazos, above Whitney lake.

Johnson county operates the park, there is a crew of 4-5 on site every day. They are constantly mowing and weedeating, clean the bathrooms twice a day, come by your pad and empty the trash, have a section for equestrian camping with trails, 2 large playground for kids. Also have a giant pavilion for large groups. Modern boat ramps.

Unless it’s a holiday, usually only 4–10 other campers. You can make reservations, but it’s cash only... they can’t take cards.

Also, they have some full hook ups.

Comment

camping

This is the way we go for now. Love the mobility. We camp mostly in remote areas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	truckcamper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	24678884

Comment

camping

[ATTACH]1083574[/ATTACH]

Comment

Palo Duro past week. Wind chill was 0 degrees. Here is a shot trying to cook breakfast and fight the wind. The zipline place had a sign that said they will open in September of 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X