Camper Roof Leak - Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camper Roof Leak - Repair

Deer lease camper had a limb fall on it and damage the rubber membrane on one corner, allowing water to get in the wall and cause a little damage. Nothing extreme and I don’t think I will repair the soft wall right away…not my question here.

I am bringing camper back to NW Houston and am trying to find someone to repair and/or replace or coat entire roof. It’s a 40’ bumper pull and the only people I’ve talked to (Toppers) said it would cost almost $10K for new roof. I only paid $6K for the **** thing, so that spend is out of the question.

Any suggestions on repair? Anyone have a good contact for me to talk with. I’d attempt to lay new coating on top myself but I don’t have the time to mess with it right now.

Appreciate the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Give me a call 281-734-3111. Im out of Magnolia area

Comment

I know I have seen commercials for roof toppers that come in a paint can. They advertised water proof and cooler temps. I'm not sure if it is the same as the commercials but a quick search yielded Crazy Seal. Is it an actual hole or just water getting in? If it is just water getting in seems like a ton of calk of flex seal would do the trick.

Comment

I was going to suggest Carey Birdwell but see he has replied above....

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
          I was going to suggest Carey Birdwell but see he has replied above....
          This…. Carey is your man!

Comment

If it normally stays parked at the lease why not build a voter to park it under. If not, everyone seems to be happy with Birdwells work.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
              Give me a call 281-734-3111. Im out of Magnolia area
              Carey knows his stuff on campers.

Comment

Z

Originally posted by cashcropper View Post
                If it normally stays parked at the lease why not build a voter to park it under. If not, everyone seems to be happy with Birdwells work.
                Exactly what I did. That was 5 years ago and it’s been perfect!

Comment

Carey has done good work for me in the past.

Comment

Flex Seal Baby! We have made several repairs over the years on Deer Camp roofs using a combination of Flex Seal tape (Durabond on Amazon) and Flex seal spray.

Comment

Rebuild the framing that's damaged, cut the roof back to the good part with straight edges, cover it all with eternabond tape, and roll a new coating of Heng's over top of it all.

Or let Carey fix it.

Comment

Yep, I’ll call Carey later on…appreciate the responses and y’all have already sold me on him!!! Haha!

Yeah, I had plans to put up a cover, but steel prices went thru the roof and this ain’t a small one! I’m looking at $5-$6K just for a carport to cover this **** thing!!! Glad I didn’t put it up now that I’m getting off my lease and looking for a new spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                        X