No announcement yet.

Funny Relationship Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here’s my Cajun story of the day. My wife and I were invited to a Thanksgiving dinner one year to someone’s home that we had only known for a year or so. My wife said she would make pumpkin swirl( kind of like a Swiss cake roll but with pumpkin bread) and with the person knowing I’m Cajun and grew up in the sticks (but was now living in downtown Houston) she thought my wife said pumpkin squirrel. Her entire family was freaking out when we got there and she told her family to just be nice and try to avoid whatever we brought

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Yep. Growing up poor.... squirrel and rabbit wasn't something we settled for.. it was something we looked forward to
      yeah this x3

Comment

You think your wife is a city girl, my wife was born in Detroit MI. Our first date I took her squirrel huntin. Somehow she has stayed around for 35 years.

One year I fried up some squirrel legs and coated them with wing sauce. (they were good too) I took them to a party and everyone tore them suckers up. When they found out what they were, I was never invited back to that house again.

Comment

Not so much hunting related but I met my wife in a fancy restaurant on Texas OU weekend. I bragged I knew some girls and my buddy called me on it. Walked to her table and said, “Hi, you live on street x and drive car x and your sister drives car Y.”
          She said, “who in the world are you?”
          Thinking I would surely impress I said, “my folks live in the White House with the columns up on the hill.”
          She said, “Ohhhhhhh, you’re the little boy that plays out in his front yard in his pajamas.” (I did judo for 25+ years and it was me working out in the yard in a gee).

Been married 31 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Oh and did I mention the first time I made turtle gumbo? To be continued……..
            The first time that I came home with a turtle to cook( soft shell or logger head can’t remember) she started protesting and I just told her that if God hadn’t intended for turtles to be eaten he wouldn’t have created them in their own bowl. She still won’t eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              The first time that I came home with a turtle to cook( soft shell or logger head can’t remember) she started protesting and I just told her that if God hadn’t intended for turtles to be eaten he wouldn’t have created them in their own bowl. She still won’t eat it.
              I love turtle, sageless of course

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                I love turtle, sageless of course

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                Absolutely!!

Comment

This thread has been amusing this morning. Thanks OP for getting it started. Seems most of the stories is when the man cooked and freaked out the wife/girlfriend/fiancé. Here’s one about my wife.

I love my wife, but cooking is not her forte. Her mother is a fantastic cook. How she was raised in that house and didn’t pick up some skills, I’ll never know. Having spent most of my childhood with my parents divorced and living with my mom, I was forced to learn many skills early to help her out. Cooking being one of them. I’m the exclusive grocery shopper and cook for our home. This story may explain why.

When we were dating she said she wanted to cook for me one night. I was home for a good while (I travelled extensively for work during this time) and she was at work, so I told her to get me a list of what she needed and I’d pick it up from the grocery store and she could come by the house after work and cook. Now this was not a complicated meal, it was spaghetti. This was her mom’s recipe made with their homemade German venison sausage. I’m at the grocery store and one thing on her list was “mild jalapeños”. Well as you know, fresh japs are a crapshoot. Some are hot, some are not. I bought 3 or 4 of them along with the rest of the ingredients she requested. She comes by my house after work, makes me a drink, turns on a game, and tells me to stay the heck out of the kitchen. (I’m notorious for hovering and critiquing). I oblige and she later tells me dinner is ready. We sit down at the table and begin to eat. The flavor was fantastic but the heat kept building and building. She’s taken two bites and she’s now chugging water with her face beet red. She starts bawling. I say something to the effect of, “babe did you use all those jalapeños?” She says, while crying, I told you to get the mild ones. I then explain there’s no such thing to which she replies, I meant the ones in the jar!!! She had chopped up all the japs I bought, seeds and all, into this one little batch of spaghetti. It was hot. I ate the whole bowl and tried to eat it again the next day, but it could likely self ignite after a day in the fridge. That’s the last time she cooked a meal for me and she’s very explicit on grocery lists to this day. Been married a little over 10 years now and I can’t wait for another 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Splitting squirrel hairs here but the only thing better is a 3/4 grown fox squirrel fattened on hickernuts. Twice as much meat.

Yea, but my grandpa was a Cherokee... He would not eat fox squirrels because their bones are red like his... (or so I was told)... My dad also tried to avoid eating fox squirrels for the same reason, but me n my brother would chow down on 'em... And I agree with you too... Plus a big ol' fox squirrel makes better dumplin's.

Comment

My wife of 30 year in may. Just relocated from California at the age of 25. We meet in Dallas, we married and shortly after ward I ask why she never got us a whole chicken? She replied she only knew how to cook the cut up pieces. So I tell her we can cut a whole bird up ourselves. She returns from store next trip with whole chicken. From the living room of the 600sq. Apartment I hear hear say what’s this as she shake the neck bone around in her hand I reply wow we got a rooster it his. She throw the thing plum across the room as she screams! She now love to hunt and fish and consume what’s whatever we get.

Comment

Some good reads here. Thanks for the laughs and bringing back some memories too!

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                          My wife of 30 year in may. Just relocated from California at the age of 25. We meet in Dallas, we married and shortly after ward I ask why she never got us a whole chicken? She replied she only knew how to cook the cut up pieces. So I tell her we can cut a whole bird up ourselves. She returns from store next trip with whole chicken. From the living room of the 600sq. Apartment I hear hear say what’s this as she shake the neck bone around in her hand I reply wow we got a rooster it his. She throw the thing plum across the room as she screams! She now love to hunt and fish and consume what’s whatever we get.
                          That’s hilarious BB.

Comment

Working...
                          X