Bass Boat Shopping and could use some feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I know I am comparing apples to oranges with these two boats, one being fiberglass and the other being aluminum, but I am looking to maximize space in the boat, while working with something that will fit in the footprint of the room I have left in my garage and similar prices points.

Boat #1 is a Triton 179 TRX (fiberglass)

Boat #2 is a Tracker Pro Team TXW

Both nicely appointed in the 32-33k price range, both fit in my garage with just a few inches to spare.

Will be Mostly use for a weekend warrior largemouth and smallmouth fishing up here in Colorado. Well not a big bass state, there are several large reservoirs within driving distance of my house that holds good numbers of both smallmouth and largemouth bass. My son has really gotten Into bass fishing lately, and since my injury last year I cannot dirtbike with him anymore, so trying to find an activity that will maximize the few years I have left with him before he leaves home. We are actually selling all of our dirt bikes, so this will be either an all cash, or very large down payment situation, so want to stay under $35k Given the boat will not see you around use here in Colorado. Does anyone have any direct experience with either one of these boats?

I’m taking the glass boat over the metal boat in a bass fishing only situation every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would go glass as well Don’t overlook the smaller basscats though. They are the best built boat on the market

Comment

Op what of Colorado you in ? My son fishes local tournaments here as well.

Comment

Of those two choices definitely without a doubt get the Triton. Don’t even consider your second choice

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            Op what of Colorado you in ? My son fishes local tournaments here as well.
            I’m now in the Castle Rock area

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I’m taking the glass boat over the metal boat in a bass fishing only situation every time.

Why the glass? I’m sure we will do more than bass fish, but that’s what I imagine it will see use for 85% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                Why the glass? I’m sure we will do more than bass fish, but that’s what I imagine it will see use for 85% of the time

Ride more than anything. Small tin boats on big water will beat you to death.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Ride more than anything. The tracker boats on big water will beat you to death.

Yes

Upper end aluminum boats of today ride as good as glass. But they also cost the same

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Yes

Upper end aluminum boats of today ride as good as glass. But they also cost the same

Tracker, express, G3 they are all virtually the same in that size. Even a glass boat in that size can be sketchy, but will be far and away superior to the tin bass boat.

Comment

I started with an aluminum bass boat. Back in the late 90’s. I don’t remember the brand but was modeled after the express boats. They are all light weight and handle rough water like crap no matter the design. This is all compared to glass boats of course. I’m sure there are aluminum rigs that handle better than other aluminum rigs. It was a good boat but had nothing on a glass boat for stability and ride. All that said, I’d like to ride in one of those Vexus rigs. With that price they better ride a glass boat!

Comment

Tracker, express, G3 they are all virtually the same in that size. Even a glass boat in that size can be sketchy, but will be far and away superior to the tin bass boat.

That's why I said upper end. Not box store specials

I've owned xpress and rarely miss it cause of the ride. However these newer hulls are different. But a 21 pro isn't anything like a tracker. And they cost 45k. Couple others run more than that and ride well

Comment

You could always buy Lund bass boat i bet they ride good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Even on the higher end metal boats like the Vexus, the glass boat will still hold its resale better too.

I still vote glass. I don’t think you can find one in the 35k price range, but the bass cat Sabre would be my vote. If I could swing the Pantera I’d go that route.

That small boat gets cramped really quick with 2 people.

Comment

Working...
                              X