Cell Cam Snow Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Why is there no feeder down there? Poor babies!!

And “sojourn?” Why?

Hah!

To answer your first question, the most recent Turkey feeder got washed down river during the last flood. (Austin has been under an “Intentional Feeding of Deer” ordinance since 2009 so, just to be clear, we feed other wildlife but DON’T feed the deer.) It is the fourth one we’ve lost. Feeder #2 was rescued once and feeder #3 was rescued three(!) times; each was found caught up in the mountain of flotsam and debris that washes down the river and lands in the neighbor’s yard about three houses down.

With this most recent feeder (#4), we went to great effort to stake it into the ground feeling fairly smug that we had outwitted Mother Nature (as well as the unregulated new construction down stream that is creating the flood issues for us). Unfortunately, the joke was on us as feeder #4 was also carried away by high water and was never recovered. So, now I just feed the turkey and other wildlife vegetable scraps as I accumulate them and, occasionally, observe the deer eating these scraps. I’ve learned a few things when watching them: they hate cherry tomatoes and purple cabbage. They love lettuce and parsley, but only certain deer will eat cilantro. I wonder when they do if their urine smells like asparagus?

As to your second question, “sojourn,” I should have said “they travel a piece for a little ways, stay wherever they stay for a bit, then head on back after while” but “sojourn” just seemed to be quicker and easier. (I know, I’ll stop now. No more big Google words for!)

Comment

Comment

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mills County
          Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I always face my cameras north, in order to get the best lighting conditions for photos. Ice storms play heck with them though.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                I always face my cameras north, in order to get the best lighting conditions for photos. Ice storms play heck with them though.
                Looks like normal Covert pics to me‼️🤣🤣

Comment

My son in laws cam got a pic of a doe getting good air.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last year

This year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Several cams rolling out west and in North Texas.

And my one camera that is very exposed to the elements out in the open with no protective box.

Comment

Working...
                      X