Alternatives to cable tv needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
    OK. Direct tv is dropping OAN, so I am going to drop Direct tv.
    I don't keep up with all the tech stuff, so what can I get to get local news and tv shows.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Who will still be carrying OAN?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
      For local news and tv just buy an antenna
      This, and great picture too it's not like the old days. We have this one on the island across West Matagorda Bay and watch football on Sundays.

I couldn't get the cheap indoor stuff to work at our house in NW SA but this one gives me somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 channels and all the main locals are crystal clear HD.

We do subscribe to Paramount+ through Amazon. I'm curious if YouTube TV or any of these other subscriptions are carrying OAN or ever did.
      Last edited by justletmein; 02-01-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

We went with an Amazon purchase, power antennae, at the ranch, it works great.

Comment

YouTube tv awesome.

Comment

Fire TV, You Tube TV and Discovery+
            Did away with Directv 7 months ago and don't miss it.
            We're saving over $100 per month.

Comment

We stream Hulu + Live TV with a Fire Stick. We get 2 local stations. ABC and NBC affiliates. Then there is all kinds of other programming.

Switch from cable. Get Hulu (With Ads) + Live TV, now with Disney+ (With Ads) and ESPN+ (With Ads). Stream Live TV channels, shows, news & sports online.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-01-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I use YouTube TV and love it

Comment

I have a roku tv and a powered antenna. Get lots of channels over the air here in Houstone. You still need internet and whatever streaming you like, so factor that into the cost. Think I'm paying $70 for internet and say $40 for different streaming. Still cheaper than what I'd pay for a cable/internet bundle for a bunch of crap I don't want to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Who will still be carrying OAN?
                    I believe if you download the PLUTO (free) ap on Roku or Firestick, you will get the OAN Plus channel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have access to stable high speed internet? If so many streaming options.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        Directv is satellite not cable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        It's all the same. Comes into the house with a cable.

Comment

We quit Dish after 20 years and stream. I quit using YouTube TV when they went from 50 to 65 bucks. We use antenna and Roku, Philo, Prime video then some of the various cheap addons like Peacock, Paramount+. There are other apps that you can subscribe to when in season for different things. We have had Sling, Disney+ and others but don't keep them all the time as I said, depending on season. We pay total about 32 bucks a month. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X