Centerville/Marquez Coal plant hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centerville/Marquez Coal plant hogs

The last several times on our way to Waco down Hwy 7 in the lignite coal fields there have always been been several different groups of hogs. Has anyone else seen these in the mining area?

Just not there. They are everywhere in that part. With a lot of “No Hunting” on mine land and around the plant, they can pretty much flourish!!!
    Don’t know about the mine, but at the plant, they had a hog trapper out there. Not sure if he’s still doing it cause I’ve hadn’t seen him in quite a while.

Comment

I always see them outside of Kosse on 7 in the coal mine area.

Comment

I have been inside the mine delivering fuel tanks, there are hogs and deer everywhere. I had groups less then 100yrds from my truck. They let the mining employees bow hunt, but doesn't look like they even put a dent in them

Comment

I am not sure who the current trapper is on the coal mine but the one who was trapping it died of covid last year. He would bring hogs to our buying station every day of the year. He made a surprising amount of money trapping hogs.

Comment

I've seen them too, some big boys/girls too. When a big truck drives by they don't even pick their heads up. I was wondering if hunting was allowed or not.
            Attached Files

Comment

Same here, two weeks ago when I went east on 7 there were multiple large groups of hogs in the reclaimed fields on both sides of the road. There was one mega hog near the old cemetery located on the south side of 7.

Rwc

Comment

I see them along 457 going to our place on the lake and have had them cross the road we use getting to the lake. Theyre usually faster than my window and draw

Comment

Working...
                X