Best home and auto insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    We absolutely love Texas Farm Bureau. We just used them on a roof claim and I can't imagine how it could have been any easier. Customer service was top notch.
    This. There is a rep on here. Dont remember his user name, but great guy and great service. When I call him, its like talking to a buddy. Don't know if he's a sponsor or not. PM if you want his info.

Comment

Another vote for Amica. I've got home and auto through them. As far as cost, they aren't cut rate cheap but aren't the most expensive either. Like all of them, rates increase a little each year, but nothing near what some have. The service is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggies96 View Post
        I've had state farm for the last 25 years with pretty good results. Guess I'm a lucky one. My auto insurance has actually gone down in the last year about 35% for no real reason I guess other then reduced overall claims maybe from COVID. I had no previous hickeys on my record that would warranted it. I get discounts for having Onstar and an alarm system in my house as well. Guess most do that probably. I priced up Progressive and Nationwide last year just to check and they were all about in the same ball park. I meet with my agent atleast yearly to go through everything to make sure I've covered correctly.... sometimes even reducing rates. Guess it depends on your agent as well.
        I am in this same category, I have had State Farm for almost 40 years and they have been outstanding in the few claims I have submitted. Paying on time with no hassle with a few roof hail damage claims and 3 teenagers and their fender benders when learning to drive. I looked last year as well to see if I could get a better deal and alternate pricing was very similar to what I pay with Stata Farm.

Comment

Find a smaller company. Get someone to shop several companies for you every 2-3 years.

Comment

Definitely get with a broker. I just dropped State Farm because they kept raising my rates, now I am saving over 200 a month.

Comment

I have Allstate, been with them a very long time and have not shopped rates, i bet i can get it cheaper. I have had 2-3 claims in 20 years, and they have far exceeded my expectations on how they handled each of them. there is some value in that in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                Amica

This, my neighbors had their home repaired completely after the freeze while I was still waiting on an adjuster.

Do not use American Risk Insurance

They screwed us over big time and covered nothing that was damaged besides the actual CPVC pipe breaks and the Sheetrock around those areas. It was a nightmare and very costly out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                  Good thread, ill contact our sponsor.
                  I don't think you will be disappointed. Cale has our home, and auto insurance. Zero complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                    I had one in my 20's and what happens is he gets big and fat and hires a bunch of people that just do the 9 to 5 and the one on one service disappears.
                    Not with this one. A family business that I stated dealing with the Father, now i deal with one of the 2 sons. They were working with their Dad when i signed on with them way back when. I will be with them until I die! They absolutely take care of my family and my needs. Rare in todays world.

Comment

There is NO best! Everyone will get different rates

SHop them every 2 years

Comment

Farm Bureau contacted me yesterday about rate quotes. Im assuming it is someone off of TBH. We will see what they offer.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          Farm Bureau contacted me yesterday about rate quotes. Im assuming it is someone off of TBH. We will see what they offer.

I just switched my home, auto and camper from State Farm to Texas Farm Bureau and saved a tad over $1500 a year for exact same coverage.
                          Yes, he’s a member and good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If your are a veteran, try USAA. Been with USAA since 1968 and won't even consider anyone else. Their service is superb. House got flooded in '98 and I had an adjuster there within 72 hours, and a check in-hand before my neighbors even saw an adjuster. Plus, when the adjuster drove into the drive, she asked "How many in the family working on cleanup?" and when I said 3, she asked what size shoes do they wear? WTH??? then she went to the bed of the truck and got 3 pairs of those size mud boots. Also--didn't include cost of repainting exterior stucco in the claim until I tried to wash it off. When it wouldn't clean off, I called her and she added the $$ amount to the claim based on my word.

That's why it is USAA for me--worth the extra cost IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                              Clay Phillips on here has my business. Texas Farm. Get ahold of him. Best rate I’ve gotten so far.
                              Appreciate it David. Would love to see what I can do for anyone that would like to have good customer service. I travel all over the state of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                                I just switched my home, auto and camper from State Farm to Texas Farm Bureau and saved a tad over $1500 a year for exact same coverage.
                                Yes, he’s a member and good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Yessir, I wasn't able to do a side by side comparison just yet, but I glanced at my quote and my present carrier and its gonna be a chunk of change.

Comment

Working...
                                X