Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to lease in Irion this weekend. Lots of sheds laying around feeders. Large number of deer shed extremely early this year compared to a handful in most yrs. As dry as it was the deer are really hanging around feed hard.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
      Anyone have a water well driller in the San Angelo area they would recommend? I need to have a well drilled & solar finish out done, on my Irion county place. Also need two drilled on a ranch near Bronte.

The company I used for the last few wells are backed way up.

Also any recent pricing? The last ones were $25/foot from what I remember.
      Give me a shout.

Comment

We went up this weekend and moved a bunch of stuff around, added 3 new protein feeders, and put out a bunch of feed.
        It’s dry!! We need some rain bad.
        We caught a Pat Green show at Coopers Live in Christoval. It’s a really cool venue, will have to plan a lease trip to catch another show with the family. It seemed like a really family friendly place. I’ll be back for the Turkey opener, hoping to call a bird up for my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work….

It sure is scary dry. Praying for some good rains soon.

Comment

You boys dropped some coin on feeders and feed!

Comment

Are the gobblers fired up out there yet? Can't wait for 4-1.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                Are the gobblers fired up out there yet? Can't wait for 4-1.

No real heavy gobbling but we saw a bunch of turkeys this past weekend. Hens and gobblers still in their groups. Place is powder dry...like driving though powdered sugar dry. Dust every where on everything. My silver truck left the lease desert tan....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  No real heavy gobbling but we saw a bunch of turkeys this past weekend. Hens and gobblers still in their groups. Place is powder dry...like driving though powdered sugar dry. Dust every where on everything. My silver truck left the lease desert tan....
                  Yeah, I figured it was really dry.

Comment

Well it’s a bitter sweet day. Me and Terry (125dad) made our final drive west Friday. We purchased some land in Oklahoma recently so we are officially out of the lease game. We have both been hunting pets if the Angelo/west Texas for the last 14yrs. Being a West kid ive always felt at home out there. But life takes turns and you just roll with it.
                    I’ve made some life long friends and spent many great nights around a campfire with some outstanding people. So to say it’s bitter sweet is an understatement. We won’t miss the drive or the dry desert dust at times and really looking forward to being our own lease bosses. Knowing that all the feed and management practices will directly benefit us for as long as we own the property.
                    Good luck to all of you and I will def be lurking to keep up with everyone as the yr progresses.
                    There is truly some special people hunting out west.
                    Final West Tx sunset

One of 5 trailer loads, amazing how much hunting stuff 2 hunters have and we left abut two more loads for other hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Two great guys right there…^^^^^

Congrats again on the new ranch y’all bought. Happy for y’all!!!

Comment

Congrats on your new property Jack! Keep in touch !

Comment

Good luck on your new place Jack!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats to both of you on the new property, Jack!! That’s a dream of mine for another day!!

Growing bucks on your own piece of dirt has got to be close to as good as it gets!

Comment

Congratulations on the property!!! We all appreciate LDPs from Oklahoma also!!

Comment

Praying we get some much needed rain this morning!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X