Diesel Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    It would take all that to make it run like a stock Powerstroke...

Red light to red light sure….

Towing not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
      I guess there's 2 pans, an upper and a lower? Mechanic said if it's the lower is not to bad but the upper I believe he said is a cab off job. I may be mistaken tho. He have been talking about the newer models. Not sure.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      Yes sir. A friend of mine ordered a replacement for the lower pan off rock auto I think and swapped his out pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Red light to red light sure….

Towing not so much.

You don't think a truck with 475 h.p. and 1,050 lb ft. of torque tows better than a truck with 370 h.p. and 850 lb ft of torque?

Comment

Originally posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
          It would be Ram Cummins for me. Once you delete it, tune it, and change rear gears…she will eat and get decent fuel economy.
          Why buy it when you have to do all that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            I put Marathon seat covers on mine and I navigate with my I-phone and keep the radio on Sirius 99.99% of the time. My F350 is not fancy by any means, the STX pkg only. Maybe mine being an F350 makes a difference on the ride and like I said, the noise level driving is not a problem with mine. I will say this about the ride, it will beat you to death on washboard roads. The suspension on this truck is stiff but not a problem on the hwy.

So don't use the navigation, don't use the radio, and cover up the seats....and it's only rough on rough roads. You've been driving fords too long, man!

Comment

Well I fill like My wife. I say I want something, then buy the exact opposite. Just finished paperwork on a Ram 2500 megacab Longhorn Limited. Used with a 6.4l hemi gas motor. So all the diesel talk and I still went with Gas. I wont have it for about 10 days but at least all the paperwork is done. First time buying a truck through a company like Carvana. Company called Driven. They are shipping it to me. I have 7 days and 400 miles to return with full refund except the $500 for shipping. My only concern is if the previous guy smoked in it. Cant tell that until I open door. Very clean truck.

Comment

nevermind. Dealer so my truck even after I had paid to hold it and had all my financing in on it...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Krivoman; 01-27-2022, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Nice! The best part of used is usually all the accessories are already done.

Hopefully that smoke smell isn't too bad. My wifes car was smoked in by the previous owner, and every once in a while, I catch a wiff. But you can get rid of it for the most part.

Comment

A 6 cylinder 5.9L or 6.7L Cummins out pulls, and out lasts both Chevy and Fords V8 diesels. That’s a fact not opinion. I’m not against any of them. They all have their positives and negatives.

Comment

A 6 cylinder 5.9L or 6.7L Cummins out pulls, and out lasts both Chevy and Fords V8 diesels. That’s a fact not opinion. I’m not against any of them. They all have their positives and negatives.
                      Lol!

Comment

What is your definition of out pull? Legitimate question not being a smart ***. The below video was from 2020 models, I feel like I saw a newer one but I couldnt find it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtH72u7YDG4"]Does the 2020 Ram 3500 Cummins Out-tow Ford and GM on the World's Toughest Towing Test? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          You don't think a truck with 475 h.p. and 1,050 lb ft. of torque tows better than a truck with 370 h.p. and 850 lb ft of torque?

Ha. Let’s compare a little more equal. The HO Cummins is 420/1075.

The Ford is marginally faster at max capacity even with its claimed extra power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Why buy it when you have to do all that?

You don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              So don't use the navigation, don't use the radio, and cover up the seats....and it's only rough on rough roads. You've been driving fords too long, man!
                              I do not have navigation on mine, the radio is always on Sirius XM channel 26 and come drive mine and tell me it is a rough ride on the highway, man. Geez!

I aint rich like a lot of you that can afford Lariats and above with all the fancy crP they offer. As far as the seats, this is my daily driver, I hunt and had dogs that rode n the truck and I wanted to be able to wash stuff off my seats with a damp cloth if needed, man! And yes I have driven Fords for a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Ha. Let’s compare a little more equal. The HO Cummins is 420/1075.

The Ford is marginally faster at max capacity even with its claimed extra power.

Oh, the ole unicorn Ram that’s only offered in 1 ton models.
                                Op is talking 3/4 tons…

Faster is faster…

Comment

Working...
                                X