Think I'm done with Taco Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Taco Casa is better than Taco Bell, but that's not saying a lot. Taco Casa's menu is all the same thing. It's the same bland ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese that's just served in different wrappers. Wrapped in a tortilla (burrito), in a taco shell (taco), in a crunch bowl (taco salad), on a tostada (chalupa/tostado - whatever they call it)...... The veggies are fresh, and the place is clean. But it's just not real Mexican food. It's like school cafeteria Mexican food.

Rosa's is closer, but still not as good as a genuine Mexican taco joint with folks that may not speak excellent English, but definitely know how to cook good food. If you have one of those within 15 miles of you, there's no reason to stop at a fake Mexican food chain. Get the good stuff.
    There's one in every group.

Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you made the same thing at home with deer, the price would be double that.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
        Brother that’s the starting point for the dishwashers now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I was always taught, the most expensive thing in a restaurant is a empty chair!

Raise the starting pay and staff your restaurant. You can't make money closed.

Comment

I always say run from the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
            I was always taught, the most expensive thing in a restaurant is a empty chair!

Raise the starting pay and staff your restaurant. You can't make money closed.

If only it were that easy chief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              There's one in every group.

Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Yeah, but we keep you around anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Well they Do! We just don't know what kind!! LOL!
                Kangaroo meat!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  Kangaroo meat!
                  ha we were always told mcdonalds used kangaroo meat when i was a kid.

after having taco bell for the last time about 4 years ago, i dont know that i would qualify that nastiness they put in their taco as meat of any kind.

taco bell was my favorite as a kid, they changed things up a while back and its just horrible now.

Comment

OP if you've eaten at the inaugural Taco Bell in Texas, then you should know you can dine at Taco Casa and get the same mexican fast food you long for. Taco Casa adopted the original Taco Bell cuisine and has a booming business because of that. Its Casa for me over Taco Bell every time. I don't ever need a burrito stuffed with fritos stuffed inside a dorito flavored taco. I gave up the Gonja years ago....
                    Last edited by bakin7005; 01-25-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

No one mentioned Del Taco? I almost choked to death in a Conroe Del Taco in 7th grade. HineyLick maneuver saved my life. That was the 2nd of my 9 lives that I've used up. An out of control car missed me by 2' at the bus stop and ran over my backpack.

I got nothing else.

Comment

Taco Casa for me!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          LMAO!! Same here, thought they were great. Ate one years later & wondered how I was still living. LOL!
                          They were pretty good after a hard night of bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            OP if you've eaten at the inaugural Taco Bell in Texas, then you should know you can dine at Taco Casa and get the same mexican fast food you long for. Taco Casa adopted the original Taco Bell cuisine and has a booming business because of that. Its Casa for me over Taco Bell every time. I don't ever need a burrito stuffed with fritos stuffed inside a dorito flavored taco. I gave up the Gonja years ago....
                            I live 8 miles outside of Lampasas. I don't know where the closet Taco Casa is. Never even seen one but then, I've never been to a Buccee's either. There is a Taco Bell in Burnet and Lampasas but both have been closed the last few days for some reason

Comment

I guess I am the guy who keeps them open. Love taco bell. Have my whole life. Their bean burrito is the same everytime. Always the same taste. Now I will say over last 2 years they removed everything me and my boys would order except the bean burrito. Never been sick from taco bell. Prob ate at TB 4 times a week in high school since it was that or Mr gattis. Gattis was too expensive.

Comment

The only problem with taco casa is the next day it smells exactly the same. That can’t be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X