Incident at Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
    well you accused everyone of labeling you as a liberal at somply the first sign of dissent. I was pointing out that you are assuming it was because of dissent. I'm disagreeing with that. I'm saying maybe it's because of your liberal views instead. You just admitted you're more liberal than anything else. Why would we label you anything else? Could it be we're actually smart enough to see the evidence you're providing and come to an actual conclusion based on that? And even an accurate one. No we're too stupid, right?
    To me it's another classic left mindset to want to see everything as it will fit your needs instead of as it really exhists. You're liberal. We call you liberal. But you can't accept that we use logic and intelligence to reach that conclusion. You have to insist it's just an automatic response to opposition. Otherwise we may not be stupid which then makes it harder for you to remain the smartest guy in the room like you think you are.
    If you find so much adversity to your posts and ideals, what keeps you here other than to be contrary? I mean do you think you're going to change someone's mind on here? You've been attempting that long enough that even you must know it ain't happening.
    I said on another thread, my ideals and beliefs have been developed, ingrained and long standing since i was a child. It will take way more evidence than you've ever come close to providing to sway them. I believe most on here are the same.
    I think you've even said as much yourself. So do you continue to play devils advocate because you enjoy being the opposition? Is it an ego thing to be an underdog standing against the masses? Hmmm.
    As far as liberal views. The most obvious from this thread is that you think we should put company policies above right and wrong. The thief should have been left alone because the store had a policy to do so. My conservative belief, hell my moral belief says a thief should be dealt with and not allowed to walk out of a store and on with their life with the merchandise in hand. A company used to commend an employee for such an act. Now not so much. That's where a conservative view draws the line. We still uphold the laws of right and wrong as the most supreme and should be upheld and dealt with no matter the cost. Otherwise the cost against the ethics and moral substance of this country will be and already has been disastrous. We're seeing the evidence of that now with this very incident. This is happening across the country daily.
    I get it that the company doesn't want to be sued and is looking out for the employees safety. They are misled. The current policies are causing them all more harm than good in the long run. It has to stop or we're doomed. There was a time when right and wrong were top priority and criminal activity was handled with severe consequences. That's how i grew up and what kept me on the straight and narrow, for the most part. If we keep ignoring poor behavior, or in many cases such as this one, rewarding it, this incident is just the tip of the iceberg.
    And accusing dale of not doing anything about it. Hell what he stated he's doing is exactly what every american father, husband, employer should be doing. What more do you reccomend? I haven't seen you post anything other than accusations that others aren't doing anything.
    Where's your stand taking place?

Sent from my sm-n970u using tapatalk
    nailed it!

Comment

You just admitted you're more liberal than anything else. Why would we label you anything else?
      I did? Where?

I’ll skip the next three paragraphs because they’re irrelevant without the above being true.

So do you continue to play devils advocate because you enjoy being the opposition? Is it an ego thing to be an underdog standing against the masses?
      Yes, and because I genuinely disagree with many of the things being said. After all this is a discussion board.

As far as liberal views. The most obvious from this thread is that you think we should put company policies above right and wrong. The thief should have been left alone because the store had a policy to do so. My conservative belief, hell my moral belief says a thief should be dealt with and not allowed to walk out of a store and on with their life with the merchandise in hand.
      Actually my argument is that the company should and does have the ability to enact and enforce their own policies. I never once said the thief should be left alone and would love if she was made an example of, you’re reading things in my posts that simply aren’t there.

And accusing Dale of not doing anything about it. Hell what he stated he's doing is exactly what every American father, husband, employer should be doing. What more do you reccomend? I haven't seen you post anything other than accusations that others aren't doing anything.
      Where's your stand taking place?
      My stand? What makes you believe I don’t do the exact same things Dale mentioned? I’m also a husband, father, and business owner. Of course Dale didn’t question any of that before labeling me a “spineless idiot” based on my thoughts that there is no basis for a lawsuit against the company in this case.

Originally posted by GREATWHITE416 View Post
      nailed it!

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post

SPOT ON!

LoL, really? Which parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[quote=kae006;1606455

" there is no basis for a lawsuit against the company in this case"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

While this is probably true, I do think Academy will attempt to "fix" this situation, either by a public apology, job back, or both. All depends on how bad they are getting Amtrakked on the interwebs.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          Fair enough, but what liberal views are you speaking of? Not saying I don’t have any, I identify as Libertarian or classical liberalism, I certainly have some views that are left leaning but don’t believe I share them here very often.

I did? Where?
          Uhm, here...
          BTW, you don't have to outright share your left views for us to see them in your posts. We're back to walk like a duck.....
          Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Uhm, here...
            BTW, you don't have to outright share your left views for us to see them in your posts. We're back to walk like a duck.....

Libertarian ≠ liberal

Classical Liberalism is a form of libertarianism but leans more conservative.

What kind of duck are you today?

Comment

Wow this thread completely went off the rails! On a side note, if any here are somewhat local to Conroe, shop Elusive Wildlife. Gould alternative to the Corporate Academy.

Comment

Libertarian ≠ liberal

I am also a Libertarian, and have to keep my non religious and socially liberal views to myself, lest I be attacked by the mob….

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                  I am also a Libertarian, and have to keep my non religious and socially liberal views to myself, lest I be attacked by the mob….

Dissenting opinions are welcome. Trolling isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    Dissenting opinions are welcome. Trolling isnt.

A healthy distinction for sure [emoji106]

Comment

Libertarian ≠ liberal

Do you have a Baylor face mask?[emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        While this is probably true, I do think Academy will attempt to "fix" this situation, either by a public apology, job back, or both. All depends on how bad they are getting Amtrakked on the interwebs.
                        I hope you're right! It's been a few days sine I read the article but I think it mentioned she had been with them for 9 years and in multiple states. From the short clip we saw it definitely seemed like her intentions were in the right place. When they do take her back maybe they'll offer her a management position in loss prevention. They also need to make a public statement denouncing theft in their stores and their willingness to work with local LE, especially for anyone who lays a hand on one of their employees.

Comment

I hope you're right! It's been a few days sine I read the article but I think it mentioned she had been with them for 9 years and in multiple states. From the short clip we saw it definitely seemed like her intentions were in the right place. When they do take her back maybe they'll offer her a management position in loss prevention. They also need to make a public statement denouncing theft in their stores and their willingness to work with local LE, especially for anyone who lays a hand on one of their employees.

Crawfish now![emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                            Crawfish now![emoji1787]
                            Academy - yes
                            Me - No

Disgusting. The incident, the thug stealing, and handling by Academy.
                            The Baylor comment went over my head though.

Comment

Libertarian ≠ liberal

Ok, let me sloooow way doooown for you. I'll only list the actual sentences where you reference your admission so you won't get distracted by the rest of your mumbo jumbo. These are your exact statements in quotes:
                              "Fair enough, but what liberal views are you speaking of? Not saying I don’t have any......"
                              Then followed by this one:
                              "I certainly have some views that are left leaning but don’t believe I share them here very often."

Again, you don't have to specifically share them for people see your true colors in your posts and your ramblings. If you act like a duck...be a duck!
                              I won't address this further as you will continue to dance around it and embarrass yourself and I'm sure everyone else is getting tired of it.

Comment

Ok, let me sloooow way doooown for you. I'll only list the actual sentences where you reference your admission so you won't get distracted by the rest of your mumbo jumbo. These are your exact statements in quotes:
                                "Fair enough, but what liberal views are you speaking of? Not saying I don’t have any......"
                                Then followed by this one:
                                "I certainly have some views that are left leaning but don’t believe I share them here very often."

Again, you don't have to specifically share them for people see your true colors in your posts and your ramblings. If you act like a duck...be a duck!
                                I won't address this further as you will continue to dance around it and embarrass yourself and I'm sure everyone else is getting tired of it.

You're either very dense or being intentionally naive. Do you think that every single view of yours is right wing?

How about this, what if 99% of someone's views are conservative, but they're pro choice. Are they automatically a liberal?

Amusing how you can make a post like that and yet somehow I'm the as*hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X