No announcement yet.

2022 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I water with drip tape buried under the okra, but the ground still gets wet after I have the tape running for a while. I may just do both this weekend and hit 'em with both barrels...

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      Diatomaceous Earth for me
      Man I had no luck with that stuff. I was very generous and gave it 3 months worth of reapplication testing but it didn't bother my ants. In fact it appeared they began to use it to fortify their mounds at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Man I had no luck with that stuff. I was very generous and gave it 3 months worth of reapplication testing but it didn't bother my ants. In fact it appeared they began to use it to fortify their mounds at one point.
        Interesting. I've had decent results

Comment

Only thing I ever had any luck with it controlling was those cricket moles. It did a number on them...

Comment

I am a first time watermelon grower. Is it normal for them to start out green, then get long and skinny and turn yellow? Will they start to plump up?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked our first black diamond today. Icing it down tomorrow!

Comment

Here are pics of the watermelon. They went from a deep healthy green, stopped growing and turned yellow. And the leaves have spots on them. Can anything be done?

Comment

You sure those aint cucumbers?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbaganoosh View Post
                    You sure those aint cucumbers?
                    [emoji28][emoji28] well this is a bit embarrassing. I know that I was either at Calloway's or Home Depot and I know I picked up a watermelon plant, but yes, I just cut one off the vine. And it is indeed a cucumber. I looked thru my receipts and never bought a cucumber seedling, but I can't find the receipt with watermelon on it. Since day 1 I thought I had watermelons. Now I have about 20 yellow cucumbers. Hahahahaha. Next year I guess.

Comment

Lol. I thought you were messing with us. Try lemon pepper or pickle that green watermelon.

The yellow ones have been on there too long and will be too bitter.

Comment

Go out there and cut them all and throw a little fertilizer on the ground around the plants. Water 'em good and start harvesting those cucumbers when they're still small... Make you some pickles... Kind'a like makin' lemons outt'a lemonade...

Comment

For those of you folks raising plants from seeds, are you folks starting the seeds in a “special “ type soil??

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            [emoji28][emoji28] well this is a bit embarrassing. I know that I was either at Calloway's or Home Depot and I know I picked up a watermelon plant, but yes, I just cut one off the vine. And it is indeed a cucumber. I looked thru my receipts and never bought a cucumber seedling, but I can't find the receipt with watermelon on it. Since day 1 I thought I had watermelons. Now I have about 20 yellow cucumbers. Hahahahaha. Next year I guess.
                            Don't listen to those other guys there're just pulling your leg. If you believe those are watermelons..then by golly them there are watermelons! Don't let anyone tell you different!

Comment

Don't listen to those other guys there're just pulling your leg. If you believe those are watermelons..then by golly them there are watermelons! Don't let anyone tell you different!

I just can't wait for my kiwi bush and pineapple tree to start producing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                For those of you folks raising plants from seeds, are you folks starting the seeds in a “special “ type soil??
                                I wouldn't say special. I had a crepe myrtle and 4 rose bushes in each corner of my back yard. I ripped it all out and tilled up the area, then put a few bags of top soil on top. Probably could have done more. I planted straight in the ground with a bunch of seeds. I do have a raised bed with raised bed soil as well though.

Comment

Working...
                                X