Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
    4 pack Apple AirTags $89 at Costco

I hid them in the generators, ATVs, toolbox, box trailers, sewn into gun bags and laptop backpack.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Do they allow you to track them across town and on the move? I definitely want GPS on the next one but all of them seem to have bad reviews or bugs. SPOT Trace is one I looked into but the yearly price is high and keeps going up apparently and it has a ton of bad Amazon reviews. Any other GPS suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      Do they allow you to track them across town and on the move? I definitely want GPS on the next one but all of them seem to have bad reviews or bugs. SPOT Trace is one I looked into but the yearly price is high and keeps going up apparently and it has a ton of bad Amazon reviews. Any other GPS suggestions?
      AirTags is more of a "last seen" tracker. I don't have experience attempting to live track them.

There are several other premium options out there for live tracking.

Our camp is 1/2 mile back and not visible from the road and multiple locked gates. A couple cameras in surveillance mode. If we were higher risk we might consider something more.

AirTags may or may not have helped in this situation, however you would at least be able to see which camp your trailer ended up in Old Mexico.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep don't think it will help much....

How far does Apple AirTag work?
        An AirTag uses Bluetooth to connect to an iPhone during the initial setup process, and an iPhone needs to be within a range of 33 feet to connect to any Bluetooth device, according to Apple. Therefore, and regardless of the actual range of an AirTag, the operating distance is 10 meters.Jan 3, 2022

Comment

FYI, the owner at Wildcat storage has been very helpful and kept me in the loop, shared footage, etc so when we get another camper we will store there again. I’m just going to secure the **** out of it and add gps. That’s more than I can say about Tomball Grand Storage where the first camper was stolen. They were indifferent, unhelpful, and Incompetent.

Comment

FYI, the owner at Wildcat storage has been very helpful and kept me in the loop, shared footage, etc so when we get another camper we will store there again. I’m just going to secure the **** out of it and add gps. That’s more than I can say about Tomball Grand Storage where the first camper was stolen. They were indifferent, unhelpful, and Incompetent.
            I know it would be a huge inconvenience but is taking the tires and wheels off an option? Not real sure how else to secure it

Comment

I hate to say it but locks only keep honest people out, Any key lock. If you have a 3/8 hardened drill bit and 30 sec you can open it up. Drill out the key and the tumblers fall and the lock opens. Done.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                I hate to say it but locks only keep honest people out, Any key lock. If you have a 3/8 hardened drill bit and 30 sec you can open it up. Drill out the key and the tumblers fall and the lock opens. Done.

Or hit it really hard with a hammer.

I’m thinking a modified dummy plug on the trailer cord that trips every possible breaker in the truck as soon as they plug it in. Some electrical guy get on that![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe one loud*** alarm with lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I’m thinking a modified dummy plug on the trailer cord that trips every possible breaker in the truck as soon as they plug it in. Some electrical guy get on that![emoji23]
                    Hail yes! This is genius ^^^^.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      Almost need to take the wheels and hubs off the thing. People suck.

I was thinking taking the wheels off myself.

Possibly a former client?

Comment

Pewag chain through the wheels, through the springs and around the column of the pole barn is my plan next time.

30 seconds with a cordless angle grinder and cutting blade to defeat. Ask me how I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

That'd be awesome. Just wire up some 110 in to the dummy plug and let em plug that joker in! Worth a try...just have to be clever about hiding the cord coming to the trailer.
                          As far as trackers go. My BIL bought one called a Ti-6000 or something like that for his dad's truck(dementia). Has to charge it once a month but can look up location and where he's been any time. Little over $100. Guess you mount a cell cam on top..strap it to the A/C cover!

Comment

I was thinking about this today. And seems I remember a thread where a TBHer took a pic of a trailer thief while he was driving off in daylight hours. Seems like this thief had a black Chevy also. Course, I'ma GOF. And my memory may not be as good as it once was.

Comment

Get a jack, some wood blocks and a Milwakee M18 impact and take all your wheels and tires with you on your next camper.

I used to do that for my equipment trailer when I parked it on some vacant land. It sucks when you go to get the trailer and forget the lug nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                                Do you mean is it worth killing for? I am sick of the let them steal stuff mentality. We need to teach the thieves a lesson or this bs will just get worse.
                                Do what you need to do, but you’re gonna go to jail for it or get killed by one of these idiots doing the stealing. If you carry insurance, who cares, it’s just stuff that you can replace. You can replace stuff, but you can’t replace a dad, a husband, a brother, a son….it’s just not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X