Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloned VIN - Need help from the auto industry experts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
    I don't think it will be an issue since your odometer shows more than the carfax. Now if the odometer showed less than the carfax flags might fly.
    Would you pay fair market value for a vehicle that had double the milage of a car Fax report? And I mean fair market based on obo not carfax report.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      Would you pay fair market value for a vehicle that had double the milage of a car Fax report? And I mean fair market based on obo not carfax report.

As long as there was proof of maintenance history, I wouldn’t hesitate.

Comment

CALL CARFAX AT 1-866-655-5362 explain the issue most can be fixed on their end in 1 day

Comment

I don’t think anyone cares about if it has more miles than it says. Not every oil change place or whatever reports maintenance. And no one cares where it was bought. Is someone giving you grief trading it in now that things are resolved? Have you tried? I’d see if there was an issue first.

Comment

Put it up on jack stands, put it in reverse and place a brick on the gas peddle. Keep the rpms above 2K. Check it every couple days.

Ymmv

Comment

When you go to get it inspected, the mileage will be updated to reflect the actual mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Put it up on jack stands, put it in reverse and place a brick on the gas peddle. Keep the rpms above 2K. Check it every couple days.

Ymmv
                If that did work it'd take about 75 days and 5 oil changes and 9k in gas to get it to match

Comment

Carfax fixed a mileage issue on my truck with just a couple emails. It actually was a lot easier than I expected it to be.

I suspect they have to deal with that a lot. Mine was just an inspection tech who was too lazy to go back to my truck and look at the odometer instead he put 150,000 miles in the computer when it actually had around 54,000.

Comment

Originally posted by wdixon View Post
                    CALL CARFAX AT 1-866-655-5362 explain the issue most can be fixed on their end in 1 day
                    That 866 number is the holiday inn

Comment

servicenetworksupport@carfax.com

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                        I've talked to them via email. They don't have a number posted and wouldn't give me a number to call. They said they won't change anything without it coming from a dmv (as it relates to still showing 1 buy/sell in fl). The last mileage reported is based on the one buy/sell from Florida. Florida updated a bunch of items but that one is still there. Not sure why it wasn't removed and the other 3 times it was sold in auction were. FL dmv says they've talked with tx and based on thier records with tx everything is filed correctly.

It’s really is crap that everything is moving to where you can’t talk to a person anymore. My issue was in 2014 and I called the about it, so I guess they’ve gone completely online support now. Possible to sell it to an individual and turn over paperwork of what’s happened? Dealers will low ball you and then put the legwork into getting the issue fixed to sell for top dollar, so I know that’s an issue.

Comment

It shows less mileage than what’s on the dash, there won’t be any issues. If it was more than what’s on the dash they may look into it a little further. But the last truck I sold had 120000 on the dash and car fax had it at an estimated 100k if I recall correctly. The salesman said “they’re always wrong anyways”

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Ymmv

That didn’t work out too well for Ferris Bueler [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How much do you want for the trackhawk? I'm in the market soon and that's on my list of owns before i die

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                                How much do you want for the trackhawk? I'm in the market soon and that's on my list of owns before i die
                                In perfect shape
                                55k mi
                                New breaks
                                Borla exhaust
                                Jl sub
                                Dark tint

Comment

Working...
                                X