No announcement yet.

TP&W strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUT the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department said it had a large crew of trained and certified wildland firefighters on the ground as well as three “burn boss’s with a large culmination of prescribed fire experience in our Lost Pines ecosystem and tens of years of research, education and training."

Obviously NOT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
      doesn't A&M forestry have some blame in this too ?
      Texas A&M fire service was called in after the fact to assist with fighting the fire. They weren't assisting with the "prescribed burn".

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
        I wonder if anyone will loose their job over this?

LOL. That was funny.

Comment

This is more like arrogance, they let their ego override their common sense that says dontdo this.

Comment

Nobody in their right mind would have/should have done a burn yesterday with those winds. I hope TPW gets their *** handed to them on lawsuits over burned property and negligence on this one because they deserve it.

Comment

maybe I'm reading that article wrong.....but it sounds like they are talking about 2 different fires.

Sounds like there is an active fire on one side of Bastrop and TP&W still decided to burn pastures on the state land despite the other active fire and poor burn conditions???

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                Amazing that the state can run any control burn without strict wind/humidity/temp controls in place.
                X2, how did somebody think this was a good idea?

Comment

Their hiring process is suspect, don't ask me how I know- been there, got shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                    maybe I'm reading that article wrong.....but it sounds like they are talking about 2 different fires.

Sounds like there is an active fire on one side of Bastrop and TP&W still decided to burn pastures on the state land despite the other active fire and poor burn conditions???

That’s how I read it too but could have read wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                      I wonder if anyone will loose their job over this?
                      Nope. Even when game wardens poach they don’t get fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                        Nope. Even when game wardens poach they don’t get fired.

That dude. [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remember that time when the government didn't fork up everything it touched? Yeah me neither.

Comment

Guess know one had any common sense. Wow is all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                              doesn't A&M forestry have some blame in this too ?
                              Nice try…

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                                Their hiring process is suspect, don't ask me how I know- been there, got shirt.
                                A follow-up. I'd question the certifications of the "burn boss", as well as the burn associates. Do they have the NCWG certifications?

Did the hiring process focus solely on qualifications, or for what an applicant can bring to the organization?

Similar announcement- https://capps.taleo.net/careersectio...rica%2FChicago

Comment

Working...
                                X