Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2022 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    For those using duke traps..... are there any issues just chaining it to the feeder leg or t post on the fence around the feeder?

I’d say prob 90-95% of the folks do that including me. See pics in very first post in this thread.

Don’t give them anything they can work free with their hand though like a belt look clip or carabiner…or you will be minus a trap.

Don’t put a trap on the side of your solar panel if your chain is long enough for him to get too. . I usually have a 1’ chain and put them nn the legs opposite of my panel.
    Last edited by Smart; 04-29-2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I’d say prob 90-95% of the folks do that including me. See pics in very first post in this thread.

Don’t give them anything they can work free with their hand though like a belt look clip or carabiner…or you will be minus a trap.

Don’t put a trap on the side of your solar panel if your chain is long enough for him to get too. . I usually have a 1’ chain and put them nn the legs opposite of my panel.
      Perfect. Thank you sir!

Comment

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one more with the dukes.

Comment

Plus 6

Comment

Make it 449. My group of 7 is now down to 2. I’m sure they’ll be replaced with a new family before long though!

Comment

453 got 3 this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

L454 got another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

458, 4 more down this week.

One greedy b*****d had both hands caught. First time for that.

Comment

460 after last night

Comment

We put the duke traps to work this weekend. Like y’all mentioned chaining them to the bottom of the feeder worked great. I have 8 traps and last night put all 8 out and caught 7 coons. Friday night we put out 6 traps and caught 4 for a weekend total of 11.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dang it. I don’t know how to size pictures so they don’t screw up the entire thread. Sorry about that guys. If there is a way to fix it I’m all ears. I’m posting from an iPad if someone can tell me how to not do that again.

Comment

3 in dukes with protein

Comment

476. One last week and one this morning

Comment

4 more this weekend on dukes and protein

Comment

Working...
                                X