No announcement yet.

First vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a 99 F150 in the fall of 98. Great truck until an 85 Chevy rear ended me at a red light a few years later.

Comment

1971 Ford Bronco with a 351 Windsor in it. Was a blast to remove the top and hit the beach!

Comment

At 16, 1970 Mustang 6 250, 3 speed stick, no A/C, AM radio, manual windows-drove it 10 years after one overhaul. Pretty tight inside.

Comment

not sure if i have any old pics anywhere.... but i had a 1965 for f100 held together by hope and bailing wire.

Comment

My favorite new car story. One of my best friends growing up was hung up on mustangs. His dad bought him a new loaded 5.0 and his mom put the obligatory bow on it. They opened the garage door and my buddy saw it and walked past it to go into the house and said, “Dad, I told you the Saleen.” His dad shook his head and I shook mine. Pops drove it to the dealer (family friend) and said give me the biggest piece of Shiite on the lot. He came home with a red Plymouth Laser and told his son (expecting to get the Saleen) to come outside. He threw him the keys (I wasn’t there then) and purportedly said, “go get some cardboard—it leaks transmission fluid.” Haaaaa.

Mine was 1987. 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo. First of the square headlights. My dad wanted to get one of the remaining CJ-7s on the lot, but I liked the updates on the Wrangler. The moral of the story is there isn’t much dumber than a 16 year old boy. :-)
            Last edited by RR 314; 01-17-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Can't find a picture of it but a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder

Comment

1997 Ford Explorer Limited with the 5.0 lol nothing cool at all but I paid for it so it was cool to me.

Comment

1983 Z28, too much car for a 14 yr old kid driving to HS! Boy was it fun though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon
                    Half white vinyl top. White vinyl interior. Fire engine red body and rims.
                    I called it “El Gallo”.
                    My middle aged black friend who bought us liquor in High School called it “Half Pimp”…because the white vinyl top didnt go all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      1969 Firebird convertible. Paid $550 for it on 09-22-1978. Bought it from a childhood buddy's stepdad.

I have this rust free '69 in the garage awaiting cloning into my first car.

It will be Verdoro Green with green standard interior and a 400 hood.

I have a '72 455HO 4 speed block for the build that came as a spare when I bought a '72 455HO Trans Am. I sold the spare intake, heads and exhaust manifolds because I'm going aftermarket with those items.
                      Interested in selling the generator and box holder? Looks like you’re PM option is off but send me a number if you would like to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post

1983 Z28, too much car for a 14 yr old kid driving to HS! Boy was it fun though

Mesquite car wash?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Mesquite car wash?

Yeah man!! Hahaha, Skeeter class ‘95

Comment

1973 Impala 4 door. I could haul 10 people in that car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

1960 Chevy Impala 2 door hardtop white with red interior 348 with 3 on the tree.
                              Bought in 1965 when I graduated for $1000.

Comment

'73 Chevy Monte Carlo,
                                "full pimp" (lol) white vinyl top
                                Swivel bucket seats
                                It looks black but it was actually dark, dark green

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by rolylane6; 01-17-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X