No announcement yet.

Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just get a wireless home alarm system. You don't even need to pay to have it monitored by a security service if you don't want to.

Put sensors on every exterior door and window. Home alarms have both Night and Away mode. On night mode, the alarm will sound immediately upon a sensor being tripped...no delay. On Away mode, there's a delay for the entrant to disable the alarm. If you can't hear an alarm siren at night over a fan or AC, you should get your hearing checked.

Heck, there's tons of kits out there you can buy, even with wireless security cameras that can all link to an app on your phone. You will receive instant notification if anything walks buy the cameras, trips a sensor; i.e. opens a window, door, etc. Lots of these systems priced in the $500-$1,000 range, so they are pretty affordable.

It's surprising how many people don't have these types of systems on their homes. With technology today, you can monitor your house from anywhere. Sure, an alarm won't flat out stop a robbery as there are delays for authorities even if it's monitored, but it sure will give you the heads up if something is going on.
    Last edited by CaptainDave; 01-15-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      You know what is crazy when we grew up we didn't have locks on guns. My dad made really clear don't touch um and we didn't

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      Yep, I’m not worried about my kids nearly as much as I am about their friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        A good dog is worth their weight in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Do you mean a Golden Retriever?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
          Do you mean a Golden Retriever?

I see what you did there lol

Comment

As i read these it's kinda sad how some of y'all live in fear. Alarms, glass break thingy pistols in every drawer . When God is ready for you he will come get you not a minute sooner. Sweet dreams

Right.

I'd could sleep well enough in acres homes tonight without a gun. Packing up all my stuff to go to work everyday would be a PIA though

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
              If I were to I put a long gun at the ready in my home, it would not be an AR. It would be an assault style pump shotgun loaded with OO Buck.

I do have an 18" barrel for my Benelli. I'll probably change it out now pheasant season is over

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                Have a kid…that way you’ll be up every 30 minutes and you won’t have to worry about fans or white noise or sleep
                Literally laughed out loud. So freaking true.

Comment

Fan, fan, 3 dogs, and the Glock. 800 ft driveway. Gate. Yep, all that and I still wake up thinking I heard a noise. Usually its the cows foolin' around...
                  When I lived in town, though, I was awakened one night by an unusual noise and saw a car parked really close to my mailbox. A minute later that car rolled down the hill and over my neighbor's mailbox. Yep, somebody didn't set the parking brake on a hill. I couldn't go back to sleep though.

Comment

Some times I lie awake in bed pee’d off I can’t fall asleep hoping someone breaks in to give me something to do. Other times I’m so happy I’m sleeping they can take whatever they like as long as they don’t wake me. Guess I have to have noise tho if not I don’t sleep well.

Comment

As i read these it's kinda sad how some of y'all live in fear. Alarms, glass break thingy pistols in every drawer . When God is ready for you he will come get you not a minute sooner. Sweet dreams

Do you wear a seat belt?

Comment

so I just started blasting....

Comment

I just about have to have some background noise to get to sleep or else the ringing in my ears from way too many shotgun blasts while guiding waterfowl hunters keeps me up.

Once I go to sleep you could back an 18 wheeler up to my bedroom window and load my bed up with me in it and I am not going to hear a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            so I just started blasting....
                            Lol. Man what a great show.

Comment

I got to sleep listening to the Art bell show , or now George Noory show , coast to coast !!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                                Do you wear a seat belt?
                                No sir

Comment

Working...
                                X